New Sorta GP GT owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Welcome to UNYCGP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyfloydOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 248

Geoff
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: New Sorta GP GT owner Reply with quote

Well, my name is Geoff and I just recently became the owner of a 1998 Silver 2dr Grand Prix GT. Pretty basic GT, 68k, with some minor issues, but the price was right. I'm in Rochester at the moment. I have been a fan of the 3.8 motor since i started driving and have not driven on a regular basis anything that has not had one. In the past I had a 93 Bonneville SSE and a 2000 Regal GSE, and I currently have along with the GT, a 1998 Lumina LTZ w/ L36 which is my daily driver, a 1993 Bonneville SSEi which I am rebuilding and a 1993 Bonneville SSE SC, which is going to be a parts car. The reason I have sorta in the title is that once the GT is fixed, my brother will be driving it (for financial reasons). I still look forward to meeting a lot of you guys, and hopefully you won't mine the LTZ hanging around.

Here is my GT:

Bonnevilles:

and LTZ:
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Geoff, thanks for posting. Hopefully you can make it to a meet or the track.

Larry
Grandprixgt2132Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 729

Jon G
1998 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Geoff. look forward to meeting u. if u have any questions about ur GT, please feel free to ask.

Jon G
PB Turbo 1/4 Mile - 12.5 @ 114mph with a 2.0 60 ft. letting off 2 times down the track

A special thanks to ZZP, Stattama, and the UNYCGP for my accomplishments!
jimmyfloydOffline
Stunt Driver

Geoff
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I look forward to meeting you guys. The GT is currently in Binghamton with the bonnevilles at my parents house. It needs some work. Brakes, passenger airbag (was told it was bad) ignition position switch, blower motor resistor, and probably an AC recharge. Was a steal for what I got it for though. Was originally going to buy it, fix it, and then sell it to pay off some bills, but my brother liked it, so he talked me into keeping it and letting him drive it. I may end up driving it when he gets something different, depending on where the lumina is at.
redross17Offline
Total posts: 3600

Brian Ross
2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: New Sorta GP GT owner Reply with quote

Welcome, Geoff!

jimmyfloyd wrote:
hopefully you won't mine the LTZ hanging around.

Not at all...
But how the hell does "Geoff" translate to "jimmyfloyd"?

Obligatory jabs: Wink Laughing

Keeping up with the Joneses, eh? "Trade" rims with them. Wink

Was Mike Hahn the previous owner?

Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!

Welcome to the club!
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: New Sorta GP GT owner Reply with quote

redross17 wrote:

Was Mike Hahn the previous owner?

LMAO!!! As if I'd ever let a car get that clean! Laughing Laughing

Welcome! You'll understand that joke soon enough
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmyfloyd wrote:
The GT is currently in Binghamton with the bonnevilles at my parents house. It needs some work. Brakes, passenger airbag (was told it was bad) ignition position switch, blower motor resistor, and probably an AC recharge.

I just did a blower motor resistor replacement on my car. You might also consider a cabin air filter. There's a place for the filter, but Pontiac doesn't give you one. So get a cabin air filter for a Buick Regal. It filters the air going into the cabin and stops debris from going down into where the blower motor and resistor reside.

Larry
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cabin filter with charcole helps on orders, and alergies Cool

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
jimmyfloydOffline
Stunt Driver

Geoff
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Lets see... Geoff has nothing to do with JimmyFloyd. It's been a screen name since HS when a friend said I looked like a guy Jimmy from her old school and then her and her friends started calling me jimmy.

As for trading rims, I've got choices. Got 5 sets of pontiac rims, 1 set of LTZ and 1 set of Impala LS rims to choose from.

As for the LTZ, I am not sure. My parents bought it 3 years ago with 95k on it and I got it from them 15 months ago with 122k and just recently went over the 148k mark on my way home tonight. Still running good.

I will have to look into the cabin filter. I remember changing it on my old 2000 Regal GSE so I'll have to see if I can find the part number.

So who wants to have a meet at my house in Binghamton and fix the GT with me?? Once that is done, we can dismantle a bonneville Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Welcome to UNYCGP All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: