Anyone have a GT cam? Question on PCM programming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlclarkiiOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 107

David
2001 Regal LS
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Anyone have a GT cam? Question on PCM programming Reply with quote

I just bought a GT1 cam for an L36 motor. The most direct way to my quesiton is to buy a ZZP DHP PCM with the $35 cam tables. But I already have an Intense PCM and since I have access to a tuner I can make the changes myself. What I don't know is what's in those cam tables. I'm trying to learn what I must change in my PCM to get the most potential out of this GT1 cam? Obvisously shift points, timing and leaning out fuel would give the most power. Can anyone tell me what they did with their GT cam and the PCM tuning. I'm going to read HPtuner.com also. TIA.
seen96Offline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2033

Drag Radials Suck on FWD.
1997 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to keep it short and sweet this post I'll say this...
Theres no "cam tables."
Never heard any tune refer to "cam tables" but, the things u can change and what they would change would be.....

*Shift rpm/mph
*AE (accel. Enrich.)
*PM (Perf. Enrich.)
*Timing Tables (just bump up a few -less than 7 degrees across the board-degrees)
*A few others
IC (Ford Cobra coolant resv., frt exchr the size of a engine rad. weight consum. rear expans. tank)
"Certified Auto Trans Shop" Transmission sold by ZZP...I have no comment for this peice of...great trans. Wink
Also,
SLP Headers <--FOR SALE
Eaton's Gen.3 M90
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather drive a pink GP than run intense PCM code.

Do you need any L36 gaskets. I know were you canmget a intake, and
vavle cover set cheap/.

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, Shawn is right as far as the "cam tables" go. You can bump up the idle RPM and chuck the misfire code as well. I'm not sure if you'll need to do that with a GT1 cam though.

Like Johnny said; Let me know if you need any L36 gaskets. I have new valve cover gaskets, intake and timing cover gaskets that I no longer need! Cool
dlclarkiiOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 107

David
2001 Regal LS
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Intense PCM is no longer, I had alot of the Intense tuning wiped out with a HP tuner because the Intense was killing my L36.

A Pink GT? You giving me images of the Mary Kate & Ashly edition Laughing

As for cam tables, my mistake Embarassed, they're called cam files. ZZP sells them with their DHP for an extra $35. Click on Option 1 drop menu, I wish I knew what these files are.

http://www.zzperformance.com/products1.php?id=182&PHPSESSID=ccbff4d0cd9ce6c5dccccea93f64c2e3

Also the gaskets you guys are offering, are any of these not included in the cam install kit ZZP sells, I got option 4 which about includes everything. IIRC, the only gasket that isn't sold is the reusable UIM gasket??? TIA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: