Post Cam and IC scan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2fast4UOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1113

Gary
2001 Regal GS
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Post Cam and IC scan Reply with quote

Here are the non-tuned results from the cam and ic install...

Scan Here
2fast4UOffline
Cammed

Gary
2001 Regal GS
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a steady 25* of timing @ wot, and no KR at all, well, a blip here and there at the shifts...

Jay and I are putting the 3.0 on tonight, so I may have to back it off a bit..
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YO On 93 keep it at 18. even you you don't see KR at 20-22. Set it at 18, and just use you happy nomb to trun it up to 20-22 when your going to race someone, then back to 18

2* KR over 20* comaded timming is WAY harder on the motor, then 5-6* KR with only 15-17ish. Wait a litrtle while with the IC now gary. Getting KR with over 24 will blow a HG fast too. You should wait a while before you set it that hi.
Wait for when you have a extra 2-3 people in the car. Wait and see about going up a slight hill. Wait for some "OK" or crappy gas. Wait for a day it's 85 out. Wait to notice hoe the IC water gets hot after the 3rd WOT run. Wait and see ohw the IC pump dose, and the wirering. Somthing little happend at 25* timing. Bu-BY motor

I hit 85,000 miles this weekend man. not that hi, but you know what the car is and dose. Cool

http://www.zzperformance.com/articles1.php?id=41

"I can't even remember the last time I blew one. (HG's

First and foremost, you need to run an intercooler. If you're making good power it's time to run an intercooler. Trying to be fast w/o an IC will cost you more $ in failures than what an IC costs to begin with.

2nd, Lower your timing. Sure running 28 degrees makes the most power but at a price. At ZZP, we've long since given up trying to eek out the last 2 or 3 HP in favor of keeping our builds reliable. 24 degrees of timing is plenty, even at the race track with race gas and a max effort car. For the street with pump gas, don't go over 18."

http://www.zzperformance.com/articles1.php?id=19

"Maximum timing advance allowed by the stock cals is 17 degrees. Typical values seen at WOT is 15 degrees. Adding timing on top of this will only improve power, assuming you have no KR. This is one good reason why it is important to have something like an intercooler to control KR. With KR under control, a substantial amount of hp can be added by spark advance. The amount possible is under some scrutiny, but everyone agrees that it is not less than 1hp per degree, and not more than 3 hp per degree of added timing. This means that by adding a maximum of 10 degrees of timing, 10-30 hp will be seen by nearly everyone who is successful at implementing it WITHOUT KR.

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
2fast4UOffline
Cammed

Gary
2001 Regal GS
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done test driving with the 3.0 and had to back it off to 17-18 to keep 0* kr...

That 3.0 is a serious butt dyno adder...
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2fast4U wrote:
Just got done test driving with the 3.0 and had to back it off to 17-18 to keep 0* kr...

That 3.0 is a serious butt dyno adder...

get a FS IC

a 3.0 is like a kick in the balls after driving with a 2.6 Cool

haha J/K old man
GTP98Offline
Street Slicks
Total posts: 1787

Jay
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what jonny is saying, there is no reason to have timming that high. I have mine turned way down. For one to help my tranny and also to save my motor.
2fast4UOffline
Cammed

Gary
2001 Regal GS
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it at 18 right now and I think I will leave it there. Any higher and I start to see 1-2* of kr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: