Car Show 9/24/2005 to Benefit MADD in Rochester, NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyfloydOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 248

Geoff
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Car Show 9/24/2005 to Benefit MADD in Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Here is the deal. There will be a car show at Rochester Institute of Technology to bring awareness to drunk driving and to benefit MADD. The details can be found at www.RidesForLife.org. It is $5 to enter a car and there will be trophies and prizes given out during the event. The Date for the show is September 24th from 4:30-9:00, with the rain date being that sunday at noon. We would like to get as many people as possible to attend. There are plenty os classes, including Mainstream Sedan and Beater categories. I would like to see as many people there as possible.

Here is the Press Release from Strong Hospital, our main sponsor: http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/pr/news/story.cfm?id=865
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound scool. I'll be there!
GreystarOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1313

Pat
2002 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'd go, but I'm a lifetime member of DAMM (Drunks Against Mad Mothers), so it might be a conflict of interest. That and the whole 1400 miles thing.

Last edited by Greystar on Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimmyfloydOffline
Stunt Driver

Geoff
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... this event is in a little over 2 weeks. My friends laughed at me when I told them what forums I posted on so I now pose this challenge to you guys. I would like to see as many 3800 powered vehicles there as possible, just to show them how large the following is. Hopefully I will see a bunch of you guys there. A couple members of the Bonneville Club and I will be meeting beforehand possibly, so if anyone wanted to hang out, that would be cool as well. just let me know.
redross17Offline
Total posts: 3600

Brian Ross
2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone was walking around NYIRP (presumably from roclife) yesterday talking it up, too.

I'm going to be at a wedding though.
JimOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 104

Jim
2005 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean what to meet somewhere before the 90 and drive to the show Question Maybe we can get more people to make the run Smile
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmyfloyd wrote:
Ok... this event is in a little over 2 weeks. My friends laughed at me when I told them what forums I posted on so I now pose this challenge to you guys. I would like to see as many 3800 powered vehicles there as possible, just to show them how large the following is. Hopefully I will see a bunch of you guys there. A couple members of the Bonneville Club and I will be meeting beforehand possibly, so if anyone wanted to hang out, that would be cool as well. just let me know.

That sounds like a hell of an idea, BUT getting a large amount of 3800 powered cars to a car show has never been easy with this club.

Jim- Yeah, what do you think about the Transit Rd and 90 entrance? There is a parking lot near the Rose Garden near Salvatores resturant. We'll be in touch.
-Sean
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel my car is worthy of putting into a car show. How many cars in the club look different enough to be distinguished from any other random Grand Prix on the road?

Off the top of my head (forgive me if I skip you) I can think of Sean, Chad, Matt (GTX factor), Jon G (with a good polishing and waxing Very Happy ), Doug (his fast one), Pat and Cary. After that. a lot of our cars are pretty much stock looking. To me, that's not show worthy. I know mine would probably look pretty damn good since I just did a full detail two weeks ago. But, it is still a stock looking GT.
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm parking with the normal cars (stock) Cool

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
vellianGTOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 189

Greg
1998 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll prolly be there stock an all. its for a good cuase and it gives me time on the road. might as well support a good cuase and hang out, plus it will be a good show
jimmyfloydOffline
Stunt Driver

Geoff
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... stock is welcome. That's why there is the team class. Plus, like stated, it is only $5 and for a good cause. If I get a good count of the number of cars coming, I can leave space so you guys can all park together.
jimmyfloydOffline
Stunt Driver

Geoff
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just trying to get an accurate count of who all might be showing up. I am having some bonneville people over to my place before hand at like 1-ish if people are interested, just let me know so I get enough food. Hope to see a bunch of you guys at the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: