Syrause Meet Wrap-Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Syrause Meet Wrap-Up Reply with quote

The Syracuse meet was a pretty enjoyable time. For lunch, we all gathered at a German restaurant that sold One Liter beer mugs (I think steins have lids). Unfortunately, that did not include a filling of beer. However, I now have a mug for parties and a possible weapon should things get out of control. Very Happy Our group got a whole lot better looking with the addition of two young ladies to the club. Penny and Autumn were great to meet and a lot of fun to be with. For some reason, they kept giving me crap! ME! The quiet innocent one!

The main focus of the event of go-kart racing out in The Middle of Nowehere, NY. Our fourteen person group was broken into two 7 person groups. They were better known as the group that knew what they were doing and the Bumper Car Racers. Each group got two 50 lap races. The second group got a lot of red-flag experience as they had issues driving straight. Think of the second group as one giant Mario Kart collection sans green shells. Cary and Mike Hahn played the roles of Bowser and DK Jr. Mike Gorzo and myself were Mario and Luigi. Autumn was the princess (Autumn - hey, it that or Yoshiiyou choose). Gorzo's brother, Sir Crash a Lot, played Yoshii. There was one other guy who I didnt know. The first race saw me take the pole position and never give it up. I led the whole way and fought off Gorzo at the end. The group bumped a lot and the races was stopped many, many times to untangle cars or get cars started that were stuck on the wall.

The first group was led by Scotty Mac's buddy. They were the more experienced racers and finished 50 laps in about half the time as our group. The second group wanted to get their moneys worth. The first group consisted of Scotty Mac, Pat Smith, Sean H and his chickie Cheyenne (you spell it!), John Costello, Leadfoot Larry and Scott's buddy.

The first group had two great races with very few stops. Scott's buddy also won the second race as well. The order of finish was inverted at the start, so he had to start from the back of the pack. The throttle broke off one of cars from the intense racing and was held on with wire. That car was retired later on. Other than that and a few instances with Johnny Airbox and his car, it was great race.

The second group again had the more dramatic race. I got to start at the back of the pack and had managed to work my way up to fourth before the first red flag. We actually had a better race (aside from breaking an already weakend steering column on one car) and I think had fewer stops. With a few laps to go, we got a restart. It was Cary in first, Mike Hahn in second, myself in third and I think Gorzo in fourth. The lineup was pretty solid until the last turn of the last lap. Mike G got the inside line, but got tied up with Cary. Mike Hahn swung wide and avoided the mess. But, the number 411 car driven by none other than myself, powered past him to finish first. Gorzo finished .197 seconds behind followed by Mike Hahn at .300 seconds off the lead.

The same car, 411, won all four races. I believe that it was the driver that won, not the car. The 66 car was regarded as the fast car, so it couldnt be the 411 car. All driver skill!

Right now, I have a big bruise on my lower back, one on my knee and some harness burns on my neck. I was t-boned, rear ended and even spun out once. Driving around the slow people (66 car for example) was fun though. Razz

It was a great time and I look forward to trying the Buffalo track. I think there is one in Batavia that might be a good idea too. Id like a bigger track where we could get more cars. Pat Smith and Johnny Airbox won the $20 PFYC gift certificates.

I think thats it!

Scott P

Last edited by Scott P on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
tracerprixOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 717

Mike Gorzynski
2005 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great recap of the syracuse meet. I had a bad headache for most of the night, mainly from when Autumn t-boned me and my helmet smashed against the roll cage. great time thought, and can;t wait till the next meet!
BigEOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 16

Eric Wilcox
1998 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to start paying more attention to the forum! You guys came almost to my backyard if you went to Canastota for GoKarting!
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had such a great time this weekend! Thanks to Scotty Mac and Preston for planning everything and for the PFYC.com gift certs! I was kinda pissed about the whole security deposit ordeal for the second group but I guess when you smash up a few Sprint Karts they have to fix 'em!
One detail was left out of Scotts recap though. My girl qualified on the outside pole for the 'Inexperienced group' ( I nabbed the pole) and she bumped Gorzo out of his spot in the 'Experienced group' because of a faster lap time. Mike you got beat by a girl man...What's up with that?
J/K with ya! I had such a great time that 411 kart was sick!
-Sean
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tracerprix wrote:
Great recap of the syracuse meet. I had a bad headache for most of the night, mainly from when Autumn t-boned me and my helmet smashed against the roll cage. great time thought, and can;t wait till the next meet!

Mike, you are weak for letting someone hit you. Laughing Nice job Autumn. I think Autumn and I both drove #66 which did pretty well.
tracerprixOffline
Intercooled

Mike Gorzynski
2005 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I girl did beat me, and another girl did hit me, but oh well....
AutumnMarieOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 77

Autumn
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was definitely good times but I am a bit sore today. I have a bruise on my back, my hip, and my leg that I know of. Oh and Scott I was not slow !!! It helps when you have gas for your last two or three laps. Either way I had a awesome time hanging out and go karting. I definitely call a rematch though. Fast Freddy's next time and we'll see what happens. Very Happy
tracerprixOffline
Intercooled

Mike Gorzynski
2005 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I do want a rematch!!!!
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the sheets from the races?
I had car 19. It was a POS. I knew it was really slow, After the intire goup passed me in one starit away. The trottal cable finally broke, so I sat idleing for a few laps. It was replaced with a randomepiece of wire. So I was 7 laps behind. Then the keyway for the drive spocket stripped off, when that kid that worked there took if for a lap. CIT has the car in the other goup, and it was last also. I got car 5 (?) I think. And I think fished 4th after that?
And me and larry were 2 wide into the front trun. Pat smith was infront I think we just "rubbed" him, and he started to spin out. But we just stayed on the gas a pushed him sidways down the whole back stairt away. And dumped him off, into the wall at the next turn. He was just looking right at us with eye contact, as we pushed him sideaways. It was a great time. Thanks everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: