ATV Riding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTP98Offline
Street Slicks
Total posts: 1787

Jay
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: ATV Riding Reply with quote

IM heading down to PA tomorrow to do some riding at Majestic Trails. (http://www.majestictrails.com)
Anyone here ride? Your welcome to join myself and my buddies. I here good things about this place so we figured we'd give it a try.

If anyone is up for riding in the future let me know. I have a '87 Honda TRX 250X with a built motor that I did myself and my new toy that I picked up two months ago an '06 Kawi Brute Force 650 SRA. IM always up for riding.
BroshOffline
Supercharged
Total posts: 470

Jason B.
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to go, but I sold mine. I need to get a 4 wheeler again.

I just sold my polaris 600 with only 30 hours on it.
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was messing around with some other people's 4 wheelers, running through fields and creeks and mud. What a blast! They mentioned majestic a few times. Guess it is a cool place to play. Have fun!
l67guyOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 91

Kevin
1999 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on them once or twice. SOme guys I know and do some work for have a couple Suzuki? Z400's. MAN those things fly.. they top out close to 75mph, which is pretty scary when you dont have 3500lbs of steel around you.
GTP98Offline
Street Slicks
Total posts: 1787

Jay
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So majestic was a good time. The trails were in good shape, some nice jumps, even a descent MX track. I was all excited when I got there, one of the guys told us they have a black diamond hill and that its pretty steep. Basically told us some pointers for it and telling us to use 4-low and don't stop. After an hour of riding we find it, yeah I was disappointed. IT was no black diamond hill. I flew up it in 2-wheel with the front wheels up and a huge rooster most of the way. I guess im used the hills behind my house that make that hill a bunny hill.

Not sure if you guys are familiar with kawi's brute force. But to give a small run down mine is the 650cc model V-twin w/ strait rear axle. I'm not a fan of the feel of Independent rear. Ive had it top out at 73 and I can pull most sport quads. Only times I have trouble pulling them out of the hole is when I have to let off to bring the front end down. Not bad for a 600lb work horse 4x4. It will even blow donuts and smoke the rears. Its basically a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Here's a good review of the machine w/ a video. Only difference is this one is rear independent were mine is strait rear axle.
http://www.atvscene.com/machines/kawasaki/bruteforce650i-06.html
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTP98 wrote:
Not sure if you guys are familiar with kawi's brute force. Its basically a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I'm familiar with the deceptive nature of kawasakis.

Wink Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: