IDD 9 tools, supplys list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: IDD 9 tools, supplys list Reply with quote

Because we have a lot of faster cars now, and it's 360 (rochester) miles away. People are detoured about going with fear of breaking down. But this shouldn't be a consern as much I people think. Once you get there and 50-100miles out your only a cell phone call and a few hours down, and you can fix just about anything Cool
IDD 8 I kid form MI I think broke his input shaft at the track. His car went in Matt M's tailor. Matt ran a 9.01 that parked in the pits for about 30mins. (Track closes at 5-6pm and we have to be out) Steve Miller (bumpinGTP) drove matts truck and trailer with the broke car to the hotel. Matt drove his TTGT back the the hotel (wheelbars up) On the way did the loudest/longest GP rolling burnout I've seen Laughing Kid called his friend right after his car broke, who get a trailor. And get the the hotel around 1pm while were all drunk, and push his car on the new trailor. I don't think anyone remeber the kids name? Point is, every is a GP guy and helps you. Ed Morad brings his truck and trailor of part people bought, and he know want space people will be buying Wink good used trans, stock L67 stock L32, diffs, axles. wheel bearings, fuel pumps.... And there 30 other people that have spare belts,plugs, wires. And there should be a clubGP guys that live withing a hour of the track you can get someone to trailer your car. And rent a trialior and pick it up the next day/weekend. Or ZZP is I think 3-4 hours north.

So this thread is to list what parts tool people will be bringing. I'm gona go, not sure if Ill bring a car or not yet? So I'll have these parts to bring with use any way.

1 set New in box NAPA maxdrive 4t65 hd axles. (never installed, just warrenty replacements I got.. they are not as strong as GM but you can drive normal on them)

1 set of Cardone/A1 rebuilt GM 4t65 HD axles (both have had the inner boots off with grease loss, but will get you home. I dont care about them if they get rain whatever)

stock HD diff (I should have enoght parts to assemble one, to be ready to just switch)
stock non HD diff. (same

wire? I have some used sets I can grab
plugs? we will have spares
I have a lot of 6 rib and 8 belts.

PS pump, I have a spare

starter I dont have

alt 97-99 dont have
alt 99+ dont have

extra trans: hummmm ya? I dont have? change in a parking lot?? (hopefully there a car trailing that can be street driven)
spare shortblock (same)

Spare tires? I dont have a spare, but normally drive on streets, and bring slicks. We can see if there will be 1-2 spare stock sized tires (DR) not going on a car to drive back on.

tools: no car I wount bring any but anyone is welcome to borrow anything for them selfs

fuilds : same^^

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
Grandprixgt2132Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 729

Jon G
1998 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i will consider it John Laughing
PB Turbo 1/4 Mile - 12.5 @ 114mph with a 2.0 60 ft. letting off 2 times down the track

A special thanks to ZZP, Stattama, and the UNYCGP for my accomplishments!
KC2GIWOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 5563

Matt Antonio
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon...if you get a trailer, I MIGHT be bribed to tow a car....I've never been to IDD...and I wouldnt mind goin'. If you pay for gas, you can ride with me in the blue beast
02 Black Z06. All work done by New Era Perforamnce. 519/497 at the rear, 3100 lbs.
05 Arctic Cat Firecat F7 - Sold
07 Arctic Cat F8 Sno Pro - Smashed into 1000 orange pieces.
Grandprixgt2132Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 729

Jon G
1998 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. Ok Matt. Thanks for the offer. I will def think about that and look for a trailer.

Jon
mguzzoOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2863

Michael Guzzo
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably bring my toolbox, wires, fluids. maybe a spare belt.
i have to make a list of mods to finish before then

> new fuel filter and pump
> tranny fluid change
> fix the rust on the gas filler door
> time betwen now and then to install SSIC? I need help/.
Pullied, cammed, intercooled. With a kiddie seat. It once ran a 13 flat.
1998 True Green Metallic GTP Sedan (retired)
Stock: 14.33 @ 96.5
PB: 13.89 @ 101 mph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: