Need EGR SES Code(s) fix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdmundGTPOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 520

Ed Alexander
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Need EGR SES Code(s) fix Reply with quote

First question: With a DHP V1.0 PCM is it possible to "disable" the SES codes that result from removing the EGR system?

If so; second question:
Is anybody available sometime in the near future (Before the 27th) with the ability to "disable" the SES codes associated with an EGR removal, so that I can pass an inspection?

Thanks in advance!

3.25/1.9/DHP/TOG/BORLA/M90PORT/
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can reflash your PCM to pass inspection. You have to worry about SES codes (DTCs) and readiness monitors. You can remove just the EGR codes, but there is the possibility you have to remove all codes so your readiness monitors pass. In that case, you would want your PCM reflashed again after inspection to get your other codes back. I might be able to help, call me.
EdmundGTPOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 520

Ed Alexander
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Ill give you a call when I get out of work today if you arent too busy.
FinkenZ34Offline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 166

Justin Finken
1999 Monte Carlo
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is this readiness stuff u guys are talking about. Cuz I have the codes for my EGR disabled, no codes, no ses light, sooo...

98 GTP-KYB l Eibachs l 3.5 l Gen V l 4" FWI l Ported L67 TB l Coated Pacesetters l Catless, Borla Catback l DHP PT l AEM WB l EGR , EVAP, AC Delete
Scotty MacOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2794

Scott McAvoy
2002 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:13 am

WOW! HOLY OLD THREAD BATMAN!!!!!!

And yes before you say it....we do have a VERY deep history of threads, I think this has been brought up before by new members, or members coming from other chapters.
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinkenZ34 wrote:
What exactly is this readiness stuff u guys are talking about. Cuz I have the codes for my EGR disabled, no codes, no ses light, sooo...

Here's a summary, let me know if you have more questions.
Our car's PCM runs additional emissions tests known as readiness monitors. Have you heard of a 'driving cycle'? The driving cycle is the type of driving that is done to get all of the tests to run. Some of the tests run as soon as you start the car. Some run only when the car has been driven a certain amount at certain RPM, speed, temp, etc.

A few years ago NY started connecting to the car's OBDII for inspections. Depending on the year of the car, a certain number of readiness monitors are allowed to fail. If they fail, they do not throw a code. You don't know their status without a scanner. Not all scanners show their status. That is why when you get your car inspected and it fails, they will ask if you recently disconnected the battery or if you recently reset a DTC. If so, they will tell you to drive the car for a few days and then get it reinspected. That is so the readiness monitor tests will get rerun.

Using a tuner, you can set all DTCs to 'not reporting' and the readiness monitors will pass. But you really don't need to worry about them unless they are causing your car to fail inspection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: