Bosch 1587AVS Top Handle Jig Saw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Bosch 1587AVS Top Handle Jig Saw Reply with quote

This is a extra one I never use, I have 4 right now. This model is the best jig saw I've found out there. Has a new case and the extras parts kit. Metal foot plate insert, extra screws and some assorted blades and paperwork. Also has a coping foot, to use with a thin blade, but just a normal good hand coping saw in more practical. Works great has the front airflow chip blowing option, and 4 way orbital blade action for fast aggressive cutting. To smooth chip free finish cutting. There blade holding system is the best. Never had a blade come loose, no tools needed, fast blade changes. I see some people complain about it in reviews, but there probably just a dumbass. Has a good cord, but one end of the front alum base broke off. Was dropped, but it happen. The new insert is what you use, to guild on. The one on it, is little bend from when it was dropped. Come with the new strait one. You could buy a new alum base, But I've been using it fine the way it is.

New there 130-150, selling it for $40 with a new case and the extras parts kit.

more info here
http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1587AVS-Top-Handle-Jig/dp/B00004SUOW

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 808

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna get into the "ported LIM" game?!?! Laughing (the things some/many people pay for... ask my old roommate, who's king of that industry)
1998 Daytona GTP #838 - I/C*d MP112 L26 - Rust in Peace, engine saved
BigEd88Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 704

Ed Green
2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch 1587AVS Top Handle Jig Saw Reply with quote

studderin wrote:
There blade holding system is the best. Never had a blade come loose, no tools needed, fast blade changes. I see some people complain about it in reviews, but there probably just a dumbass.

I'll give ya a bump, it is a good jig saw but I wish they had more of system like a sawzall to change the blade. The twist it 3 times one way blah blah system is kinda confusing to those that don't use it daily. Let anyone barrow it and they get frustrated with that blade thing. My boss has this one. I'd say this one and the Milwaukee with the light have been my favorites. Smile
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notice how the dust sticks to it. its good backup... it has ported some LIM with some WD40 Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: