DHP in ROC??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corvettecrazyOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 40

Rob
2000 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: DHP in ROC?? Reply with quote

Anyone have one and willing to spend an hour or two tweaking some stuff. My primary goal is to disable some OBD-II codes that are just plain annoying. I can only assume that doing that is as simple as disabling the codes in the DHP software and then downloading the bin to the PCM.

I did finally find the BIN file for my car so all I lack is the DHP. Having someone who has used it before would be nice but I am sure I could figure it out if I just borrowed it.

I'll buy you a case of beer or dinner or something.
Intercooled
Total posts: 808

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a very limited number of WNY folks left with PowrTuner's, but if you can't get in touch with someone, feel free to plan a trip to Rome.

As for how it actually works, don't worry about assuming procedures... just watch the magic happen. Cool Laughing (main concern will be if the DHP software has the file mapped out for editing/flashing)

- Dave
1998 Daytona GTP #838 - I/C*d MP112 L26 - Rust in Peace, engine saved
corvettecrazyOffline
Back Seat Driver

Rob
2000 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the bin I have is labeled with the OSID that is supposedly supported by DHP.

My other option is to just have someone who knows something watch, as I have a good buddy who is willing to send me his to use. Very Happy
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corvettecrazy wrote:
Well the bin I have is labeled with the OSID that is supposedly supported by DHP.

I have 3 different files from 2000 Century 3.1L's, none of which are able to be opened by DHP (just checked):

DHP let's you read out any file, and you can label it based on the vehicle's information, but they aren't all able to be edited and reflashed (in the traditional way). These OSID's were most likely pulled from the hex data after reading from the pcm.

- Dave
corvettecrazyOffline
Back Seat Driver

Rob
2000 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bin file that is supposed to be OSID 12203659 which from a collection of DHP supported OSID's on BonnevillePro should work.

Here is the download link for the file that someone on RegalGS.org gave me if you wanted to test it to see if DHP can edit it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nmbuno

If that doesn't work I can email it.
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corvettecrazy wrote:
I have a bin file that is supposed to be OSID 12203659 which from a collection of DHP supported OSID's on BonnevillePro should work.

Alright, that one works in DHP and in TinyTuner (bin editor that gives more access than normal PT).

That must be the only Century file that DHP came across themselves. Even if your car winds up having one of the other OSID's I listed, make your changes in this one, and do a full write to upload the new file. GM likes having a handful of files for each model/year, with minimal differences as they updated the OSID's. May or may not need to edit VTD security auto-learn settings, is all.

- Dave
corvettecrazyOffline
Back Seat Driver

Rob
2000 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezldave961 wrote:
Alright, that one works in DHP and in TinyTuner (bin editor that gives more access than normal PT).

That must be the only Century file that DHP came across themselves. Even if your car winds up having one of the other OSID's I listed, make your changes in this one, and do a full write to upload the new file. GM likes having a handful of files for each model/year, with minimal differences as they updated the OSID's. May or may not need to edit VTD security auto-learn settings, is all.

- Dave

Awesome!! Oh this makes me so happy. From the list on Bpro of DHP PT OSID's it is not only 2000 century one, but the only century one period.

If I have a risk of having to edit the VTD security settings, am I correct in assuming it would be the smartest to pull my original bin from the car and save it. Then I can compare the settings between the two files to make sure they are the same?

Can I just mechanically bypass the whole VTD system to begin with?
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can read off the original file no matter what it is, but won't be able to look through it using DHP if it's not the one OSID that's mapped out.

The "safe" method to try, if yours winds up being one of the unlisted OSID's, would be to pick up a spare pcm from a junkyard for $25-35, and flashing the new file on there to work with. If DHP was able to re-write your the unsupported files back on, this wouldn't be a problem... but unsupported means unsupported.

Won't know until you read off what's in your car.

The VTD settings don't need any bypassing. It's just another setting that's modified with DHP, right above the listing for spark tables & such. Again, not necessary to discuss, until it it.

- Dave
corvettecrazyOffline
Back Seat Driver

Rob
2000 Other Car
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you know if I have to get a PCM from a 2000 century or if there is a range of years it can be from? I would have assumed 2000-200x would work but the part numbers are different in Rockauto so i don't know.

EDIT: I picked up a PCM today from a 00 century for 35 bucks so that will be nice to have a spare.
corvettecrazyOffline
Back Seat Driver

Rob
2000 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spare PCM went in. Security learn done. Gutted the front of my air box.

DHP installed and pulled the codes from the PCM. (Good sign)

I will give making my changes a shot tomorrow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: