607 Area Code Meets
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC2GIWOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 5563

Matt Antonio
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know a cruise through the hills of Ithaca wouln't be a horrible idea if everyone could freakin' behave themselves and not try to do shitty burnouts every time they leave a parking lot.

Who am I kidding...

regardless...Ithaca/Cortland is like halfway-ish for us northerners and you southerners...and if you catch it early enough, there's college girls.
02 Black Z06. All work done by New Era Perforamnce. 519/497 at the rear, 3100 lbs.
05 Arctic Cat Firecat F7 - Sold
07 Arctic Cat F8 Sno Pro - Smashed into 1000 orange pieces.
usmcz28Offline
Cammed
Total posts: 1444

Rick
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC2GIW wrote:
You know a cruise through the hills of Ithaca wouln't be a horrible idea if everyone could freakin' behave themselves and not try to do shitty burnouts every time they leave a parking lot.

Who am I kidding...

regardless...Ithaca/Cortland is like halfway-ish for us northerners and you southerners...and if you catch it early enough, there's college girls.

Can I get a red head with 36C bewbies? I'd like to trade in the p;der model brunette I have for something with a little less mileage!
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 68

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although its a little North of what I'm trying to start.... Cortland wouldn't be a bad place to rally. There is an A&W drive-in there on the South side of town. I think it might be on Route 38 (?)

How about April 10th ? Sometime after the lunch rush? Say 2, 3? We could just go and hang for a while.

Doesn't have to be a big thing. If I can get 3 or 4 others interested I'll be there. (Less than an hour away for me)

There's also a Doug's Fish Fry somewhere up there. Never been to it but I've heard it has decent...ummm...fish?

Near Future Mods - SPO spoiler, Painted engine cover. Confused

Wish List: Chrome wheels, dual cat-back, window tint, custom hood, custom paint, custom chicklets,
trunk lid mounted speakers and LCD screen, DVD head unit with nav.
Shocked
G Hot RodOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 541

Sal
2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in Rochester on April 10th. Motor Mania.

Sal
KC2GIWOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 5563

Matt Antonio
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest farther south in Ithaca. Take, what is it, 36 south and check out the hills or even head north up (???) up the west side of the lake? I don't know why I'm set on a cruise...I keep forgetting it's not fall yet Crying or Very sad
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I know what u mean about Fall. This past fall it rained all the frickin time.

If Ithaca is the place anyone wants to meet, we could meet at Buttermilk or Treman park for a burger fry. Maybe sometime in Summer - now would be too cold to enjoy it.

I'm sure that wherever we meet everyone would have to choose our routes wisely to maximize the JOY we get from driving whatever cars we drive. (or bikes) The place isn't important. The drive and fellowship is.

Doesn't have to be a big or noisy gathering (The Quaker Steak place was cool BUT really noisy).

Cortland, Ithaca, Watkins Glen? Wherever.
PONTIACGTPOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 172

Chris
1997 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really isn't alot of GP's that have had work done to them in the 607 area. We have had some members on here from the owego/vestal/binghamton area but you dont here from them or see them anymore.

Didnt Kenny (ROSS3R) live in Vestal or somethere around there? He hasn't been on since last summer. He kind of disappeared it seems.
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE.

Went to the Town Square Mall in Vestal on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised to see a gathering of cars in the parking lot behind the UNO's restaurant. (Next to Barnes & Noble actually). Some of the cars I had seen last fall but that is to be expected.

There were a couple of new generation GTO's and some very NIIICE classic goats there. One was even autographed under the hood by Mr. Wangers himself complimenting the owner on having a very beautiful GTO and to keep it nice. (or something along those lines)

Mustangs and Corvettes were nicely represented and some classic rods as well.

There was even a 1966 Ford convertable with a plate "SKY6" Not sure what model it was but it looked a lot like a Cobra (not a Mustang) and sported a V8 and side pipes, red paint with large white stripe, and a rag top. Kinda showing my ignorance here.

Even had an Army truck pull in and pop its hood although only the tallest could even see in it.

A bunch of imports made their own row and even parked at angles. Subarus, Hondas, Nissans, you name it.

Chatting with a young couple there I pointed out my unremarkable GP (compared with the others there? Puleeze) and he jokes about their Chevy Equinox. She pipes up and says, "Uh noo... I'm going for the soccer mom look" hehe cute couple.

Anyhooo, I'm definately going back next week or as soon as I can and see how the event develops. I'll try to find out if it is a club thing or open to anyone. There were no contests going on and no one seeming to be in charge so I think it is just a social gathering of like-minded car buffs.
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning on making the Vestal cruise this coming Saturday, May 1st. Won't be showing car but it will be parked nearby. Hope to see somebody there from UNYCGP. Maybe?
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 808

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see me at the racetrack on Friday afternoon (practice) and Saturday all-day (opening race). We'll have 2 modifieds there (#47 & #74).

PIC LINK of current decal scheme on primary car, for I.D. purposes (I'll be the dirty bastard in the orange TRC shirt... seen HERE in black shirt/blue hat after our 1st victory there last summer)

I dunno how much time I'll send outside the track, unless I wind up doing "spotter" duty for our back-up driver in the 74, which would put me in the bleachers with our regular spotter. It's a possibility, until some more folks get radio experience, but who knows. Anybody's always welcome to come down to the pits after the races, to share the celebration beverages. Cool
1998 Daytona GTP #838 - I/C*d MP112 L26 - Rust in Peace, engine saved
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday night I will be doing Team Trivia at the Moose (Right behind the Deepwell motel) at 7:30-9:00 and then if you want I can get you in at the Moose as my guest for a few cocktails.

Saturday day I will try to be at track. Saturday evening is the Vestal thing (not a must) and then Saturday night I will be DJing at the Rainbow down in Owego.

So high possibility to meet up with you. We met at Quaker Steak I believe.
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 808

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepwell!!! Ha, that's still programmed into the Garmin for our Duramax dually.

Dunno if we expect to be there that late on Friday (also looks like they may not run practice for some reason), so just expect to see us there Saturday this week.

Yes, I was at the little January meet.
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got baked in the stands! What a beyootiful spring day in Upstate NY!!! Lot's of racing action. Took lots of pix and will pick some out and post. Didn't get too many of Dave's team. (I forgot which one it was). Oh well.

I had to leave when the Mods had a yellow in order to make it home, eat, shower and then go DJ at the Rainbow.

Did I mention I got baked? REDNECK ALERT!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: