misfire problems help out please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramairetransamOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 62

Jeff
2004 Monte Carlo SS
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car is all back together and its quite the project i see , no reason to do it , just wondering if it was fairly easy that it might be something to do . But no reason to do it just wondered .
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 808

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramairetransam wrote:
The car is all back together and its quite the project i see , no reason to do it , just wondering if it was fairly easy that it might be something to do . But no reason to do it just wondered .

Right, and just as a reference to anyone who may want to do this for some reason in the future, I'll share the remainder of my mental notes quickly.

When my 1st double roller chain snapped in spring '06 from rubbing the timing cover (before many knew to address that), I had to dig in for this exact swap. Aside from having to pull the heads to replace bent valves, I could've gotten away with just removing the valve covers and rockers as mentioned on pg1 here.

Some of us like to take the entire side of the motor apart without dropping the cradle (but you can drop it for comfort, if you want to fight space less, since the harmonic balancer and front cover removals barely get free). You can see the grass in the background of this pic, during initial tear-down in '06 at my old Detroit house. 'Twas a sad, but enlightening time for all who stopped by to see. Confused Rolling Eyes Laughing

Anywho, just bored since there's minimal chatter on here, so I felt like utilizing my new web connection some more. Carry on.

- Dave Cool
1998 Daytona GTP #838 - I/C*d MP112 L26 - Rust in Peace, engine saved
ramairetransamOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 62

Jeff
2004 Monte Carlo SS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get a better phone. ?
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 808

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramairetransam wrote:
Did you get a better phone. ?

Free VZW upgrade on 27th, then Droid X most likely. For now I'm sharing a weak connection, and still on my NV2. After that I'll tether.

- Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: