2003 GTP For Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MonteMikeSSOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 29

Mike P
2002 Monte Carlo SS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: 2003 GTP For Sale Reply with quote

http://utica.craigslist.org/cto/2837624769.html

PHAT MOD LIST YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- 02SS - L67,L36, 3.5pulley, VS Cam, Wizaired Intake, DHP Wideband Tuned, Drilled 180* Tstat, SSAC Headers, GMPP Cat-Back, HD Diff upgrade, 20% tint all around, PB of 13.6@102.49mph, 2.18 60ft.

- 95 Monte Carlo LS, K&N Drop In Air Filter, Flowmaster 40 series, 35% tint up front 20% on the back, Chevy bowtie on back windshield, Pioneer Sound System- Traded in Sad
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 808

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Location: Rome" :facepalm:

Looks like he works at the crappy Tony's Pizza (Utica version) on Black River Blvd. just past the fire house. I'll send someone over to rattle his cage about that 700R4, at the very least.
1998 Daytona GTP #838 - I/C*d MP112 L26 - Rust in Peace, engine saved
MonteMikeSSOffline
Back Seat Driver

Mike P
2002 Monte Carlo SS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha please do! i know who the kid is he used to have like an 01 impala ls with ss badges slapped on it.
and i already called him about the car and ripped on him pretty good and called him a fuckin retard hence the reason he added this to the Craigslist posting after the call:

"Dont call with unintelligent questions, I know my car I know what I've put into it and what it comes with don't call with what you think comes in this car and what has been done."
beyondprecision03Offline
Supercharged
Total posts: 411

Sam
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't he on this forum if im not mistaken?
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a mighty powerful car. Too bad I live down here. I would buy it in an instant.
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to shoot him an email. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: I like the looks of the car, but I am a little confused about some of the details. Does having a UDP cause any long term issues with the car? I’ve read in my research that smaller pulleys need things like intercoolers to avoid detonation. Also, what is a 7004R transmission doing in the car? I thought that was an older transmission meant for rear wheel drive cars. Did Pontiac use them in 2003? What shape is the body in? NY winters are not nice to metal.

I don’t know a lot about these cars. I’ve always driven imports, but have heard the Grand Prix GTP is a very fast car and I like fast cars. I have looked online, but haven’t really learned too much since I’m just starting.

Thanks

Him: Its a new tranny from 2012 its a replica tranny from slp for front drive cars

Me: That is pretty cool.Is it stronger than the original one? How much horsepower does the car make now? Can I put NOS on it?

Him: Yes nos, and its around 310 i believe but i wont know till its tuned

Me: Did you ever take it to the track? Could it beat my buddy's WRX? When will you get it tuned? Does it have other mods like headers or big exhaust? Sorry about the questions, I live in Rochster and don't want to drive out to Rome unless I am ready to buy. Gas is too expensive. Does it get good mileage?

Him: It would smoke the wrx, only mods r listed craiglist. It gets 17mpg roughly. I raced mustangs with it and walked them everytime. Im going to tune it friday

Me: Wow, it sounds fast already. I would love to be able to walk Mustangs. I hear the new 5.0's are really fsat though. Where is the shop that is doing the tune? Will you do it on a dyno so you know how much power the car has? I bet it gets faster. It sounds like a really good deal. I'd just have to see how good the body is. I hear they rust by the rocker panels.

Him: No rust i tune it myself

It sounds like a fantastic deal. It has a 2.8 pulley without headers or any other suporting mods other than a 3800 Pro PCM and is being tuned by a guy who think it has a 2012 700R4 Replica transmission from SLP. It doesn't get any better than that. He and Corey would get along fine.
MonteMikeSSOffline
Back Seat Driver

Mike P
2002 Monte Carlo SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahah scott they actually are friends!!! thats why hes just as stupid as corey fail hahahahaha. both of em are from rome area haha.

i actually called him twice on the car 1st time i played along and then straight up told him he was a fuckin retard and told him have a nice day and hung up. then i called him again a couple days later and he told me the car wasnt for sale anymore because of all the harassing phone calls he was gettiing lmao!!!
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wounder what the back spacing is, on the front wheels to tuck them like stock with that trans? And get a CV in there,The wheel must bolt right to tail shaft. transfer case inside the rims to get to the other side wheel

good shit

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
studderinOffline
Top Dog

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your doing it wrong Laughing

Last edited by studderin on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total
studderinOffline
Top Dog

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so he changed the super charger to have the UDP setup.

so when it didnt have the underdrive, it was over driven.... the stock ballencer is what 8-9inches. I wonder what belt the non IC 10 inch SC pulley takes? did he use the ZZP alt. spacer to clear too?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: