John's settings II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Website Comments, Suggestions, & Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed that my profile has some weird setting? it was set up that I was hidden? I changed it about 2-3 days ago

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny airbox wrote:
I also noticed that my profile has some weird setting? it was set up that I was hidden? I changed it about 2-3 days ago

Probably related to this, John.

http://www.larmondra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1185

I'd suggest you set things the way you want them, then change your password.
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't flaming mike, or stepping on any toes. But useing it as a expamlpe. As I had no idea my post was moved. I thought mods were sopost to add in red or some way of showing when they edit somones post. What about when they move or delate a intire post? Maybe just take the text away, like they do on other sites? like this example.

edited, mod XXXX post mover to here

And I will change my password now.
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny airbox wrote:
This isn't flaming mike, or stepping on any toes. But useing it as a expamlpe. As I had no idea my post was moved. I thought mods were sopost to add in red or some way of showing when they edit somones post. What about when they move or delate a intire post? Maybe just take the text away, like they do on other sites? like this example.

edited, mod XXXX post mover to here

And I will change my password now.

I don't like "ghost posts". Personal preference. I think it's stupid to leave a link behind when a thread moves. If you are going to do that, why not just leave the thread where it was?

When messages are cut from a thread, and a new thread created, it will show as a thread that has new posts. It will be orange, and you can go to it, and you will recognize it as what you put in another post.

When I edit or add to someone else's post, I typically mark what I've done, either in red, or by signing it.

There's no real protocol to doing this sort of stuff. Usually it doesn't even happen all that often.

No toes stepped on. I'll still take that beer from you, John. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Website Comments, Suggestions, & Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: