Intense PCM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluto2000gsOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3300

Carl
1996 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Intense PCM Reply with quote

Now $99
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That figures.
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that as well! What a steal!
I still don't know if I like the INTENSE PCM's though. There is quite a bit of extra timing added to them and I'm curious how the "smart" performance shifting feels.
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoGroceryGetter wrote:
I'm curious how the "smart" performance shifting feels.

What is "smart" performance shifting?
Marino454Offline
Supercharged
Total posts: 300

Marino
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its for 2001's and newer, or cars without the performance shift button. The PCM senses your throttle position and adjusts the trans line pressure accordingly to keep the shifts regular or firm them up. Personally, I dont think its that great. I have to say that I get the firmest shifts around like 50% throttle, definately not at WOT. Confused
mguzzoOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2863

Michael Guzzo
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intense PCM: $99
6 gallons of race gas: $30
Engine rebuild on your 2004 when you chip a piston: $1500
Knowledge gained from reading the forums: Priceless
Pullied, cammed, intercooled. With a kiddie seat. It once ran a 13 flat.
1998 True Green Metallic GTP Sedan (retired)
Stock: 14.33 @ 96.5
PB: 13.89 @ 101 mph
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, the INTENSE PCM's don't have the performance shift feature hooked up to a button but rather the PCM detects heavy acceleration and then kicks into 'performance shift mode' So the firmer shifts are only active when you floor it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think thats how they work.
-Sean
bluto2000gsOffline
Top Dog

Carl
1996 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mguzzo wrote:
Intense PCM: $99
6 gallons of race gas: $30
Engine rebuild on your 2004 when you chip a piston: $1500
Knowledge gained from reading the forums: Priceless

All i can say is its a tempting offer.
I may just go Intense. If you scan your car you will see if there is a problem correct?
Then I would just send her back.
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you guys been living under a rock?

Remeber there a busness to make money There a reson for really cheap sales. Look into it. Look at what your buying, and how much is still "stock about it" And whats been set too high, and recovery to fast.

Didn't I call it or what?

One thing I don't like is when somone sells productus they don't even test or use, for over a few days and 1-3 dyno pulls. And race parts that break and don't work/profrom as advertiesed to you.
Or tring to sell used parts, they you shouldn't try to sell. Parts that have been beat to shit in race cars. Just thow them out why dry to sell them.? WTF tring to sell 7 conection rods used it a car that gets abused and brakes all the time. What do you think happend to the other missing rod? why would you remove them and try to sell them if there so good and were in fine working order?
Becuse the motor blew the fawk up and one of the rods broke? I hate shaddy ass people. Sotimes money you get to greedy and lie/BS/anything to make money of you..
bluto2000gsOffline
Top Dog

Carl
1996 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny airbox wrote:
have you guys been living under a rock?

Remeber there a busness to make money There a reson for really cheap sales. Look into it. Look at what your buying, and how much is still "stock about it" And whats been set too high, and recovery to fast.

Didn't I call it or what?

One thing I don't like is when somone sells productus they don't even test or use, for over a few days and 1-3 dyno pulls. And race parts that break and don't work/profrom as advertiesed to you.
Or tring to sell used parts, they you shouldn't try to sell. Parts that have been beat to shit in race cars. Just thow them out why dry to sell them.? WTF tring to sell 7 conection rods used it a car that gets abused and brakes all the time. What do you think happend to the other missing rod? why would you remove them and try to sell them if there so good and were in fine working order?
Becuse the motor blew the fawk up and one of the rods broke? I hate shaddy ass people. Sotimes money you get to greedy and lie/BS/anything to make money of you..

John you need to keep talking sense to me. I am having a very hard time not going with that PCM at its price. I did see where they a ton of stuff stock. There are many people out there that don't have a problem with Intense. The fact that either company does not hold any risk of liability and reccomend them for "off road use only" is pretty weak.

I will say this. Chuck just posted on Regal GS that they found further limitations in the DHP PCM and they have freed up some more power.

If I could find a used 2000 Regal DHP I would scoop it up. The 2000 GS is specific.

Thats 120 more bucks for the DHP.

Help me Johny. Help me see the light.
(did you get your pm?)
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoGroceryGetter wrote:
IIRC, the INTENSE PCM's don't have the performance shift feature hooked up to a button but rather the PCM detects heavy acceleration and then kicks into 'performance shift mode' So the firmer shifts are only active when you floor it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think thats how they work.
-Sean

This (or something similar) is how it's done by default. On request, INTENSE will program your PCM to work with the perf shift button. That's how my PCM is set up. Also, I don't have any issues with timing because I have adjustable timing via happy knob.
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluto2000gs wrote:

John you need to keep talking sense to me. I am having a very hard time not going with that PCM at its price. I did see where they a ton of stuff stock. There are many people out there that don't have a problem with Intense. The fact that either company does not hold any risk of liability and reccomend them for "off road use only" is pretty weak.

I will say this. Chuck just posted on Regal GS that they found further limitations in the DHP PCM and they have freed up some more power.

If I could find a used 2000 Regal DHP I would scoop it up. The 2000 GS is specific.

Thats 120 more bucks for the DHP.

Help me Johny. Help me see the light.
(did you get your pm?)

Carl I think theres gona be another sale on PCM's
http://www.3800tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2238

And I see gen 3 rockers going on sale too. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: