Canadian Auto Show, Toronto.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redross17Offline
Total posts: 3600

Brian Ross
2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday (2/19):
Syr/Roch people meet at Henrietta Lowes at 8:00AM. We will leave no later than 8:10.
Meet in Buffalo at Exit 49/Transit Road Park&Ride at 9:00AM.
Anyone planning on getting fitshaced tonight that can't do this? Laughing

Adam (@e49) <- driving
Larry (@e49)
John C (@Lowes) <- driving to Buffalo
Me (@Lowes) <- driving
Matt (@Lowes) ?
Jason (@Lowes)
Scott M (@Lowes)

I'm all for stopping someplace in the Falls, or even in Toronto, on the way back.

Last edited by redross17 on Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total
redross17Offline

Brian Ross
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty Mac wrote:
But I don't want to drive to toronto unless I absolutely have to...especially since my car hasn't been running the greatest lately

Prior to your last post, I thought you would be driving at least to Rochester since Jay wasn't going. I left the '?' because I didn't know if you would want to continue driving to Toronto. For the above quote, you must have edited the post and added that, didn't you? Wink Embarassed ok, maybe I missed it...but you did edit that post!

I count five leaving from Rochester. Do we (read: three of you other four) squeeze into my car for the ride to Buffalo, where Adam or Adam and Larry drive also? John could probably fit in the trunk. Larry, are you going back to Rochester afterwards, or staying in Buffalo?
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can drive my beater to buffalo. I'll have to go at 65 at 70 it starts shakeing. Kills the car and my arms. Buffalo is in my AAA range too.
Scotty MacOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2794

Scott McAvoy
2002 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the above quote, you must have edited the post and added that, didn't you? ok, maybe I missed it...but you did edit that post!

NO!!!!!!!! Embarassed
Scotty MacOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2794

Scott McAvoy
2002 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking at the Auto show website.....and GM announced some of the cars they are bringing....
2006 Corvette Z06 - featuring 400 horsepower and the famous small block engine, the Z06 is the most powerful Corvette ever built
2006 HUMMER H3 - all new and in a midsize package with the same off-road capabilities
2006 Pontiac Solstice - from concept to exhilarating reality
2006 Cadillac STS-V - supercharged with elegance
2006 Cadillac DTS - combining luxury and performance
2005 Saab 9-7X - Saab's first SUV
2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe - a new member to the G6 family
2006 Chevrolet Impala - power, performance and looks
2006 Pontiac Torrent - Pontiac's new SUV

Ooooohhhh Z06! STS-V! Solstice! NICE!
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redross17 wrote:
Larry, are you going back to Rochester afterwards, or staying in Buffalo?

I'm staying in Buffalo Saturday night.
LarryOffline
Site Admin

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are any headcount or driving changes, post them Saturday morning. If I don't need to drive, I might not have the GTP at the 90 exit.
LarryOffline
Site Admin

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, and my cell number is 585-729-4145. Maybe you Syr/Roc guys can call me when you're on the 90 tomorrow morning and let me know when you'll be here since I'll only be 6 minutes from the exit.

Larry
RootCanal05Offline
Supercharged
Total posts: 308

Endodontist
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure people can ride with me, my car ended up empty after all. If by some reason you don't see me--call me 716-913-0385

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2005 CANADIAN Debuts

Aston Martin DB9
The future of Aston Martin is epitomized by the all-new DB9, a 2+2 seater sports car that sets new standards in its class due to its astonishing combination of agility, V12 power, smoothness, beautiful design and hand craftsmanship. Using a radical new aluminum-bonded body frame, the DB9 is one of the most sophisticated and technically advanced sports cars in the world. It is powered by the latest version of Aston Martin's 6.0-litre V12, producing 450bhp and a top speed of 186mph.

2005 Bentley Arnage
Modifications to the existing body have created a much more dominant presence for the Arnage and are instantly recognizable thanks to the new front end styling designed to bring the range in line with Bentley's iconic design language. The 2005 model year Arnage is a clear symbol of Bentley's ambition to remain the leader in the luxury touring sector, by reinforcing our position as the purveyor of the most characterful and involving Grand Touring saloons in the world.

BMW M5
The ultimate in sports saloon motoring has got a name: M5. This finest 5 Series vehicle is the most powerful of all time: five litres of cubic capacity, ten cylinders, a maximum output of 507 bhp (373 kW), a peak torque of 520 Newton metres and engine speeds redlining at 8,000 rpm, these are figures that speak for themselves. In an unprecedented way, these figures blur the lines between a car for everyday use and a vehicle for ambitious motor sport racing.

Cadillac STS-V
The 2006 Cadillac STS-V is General Motors' most intense expression of Cadillac power and performance yet, and the luxury nameplate's latest offering in its growing family of high-performance V-Series vehicles. At the heart of the STS-V is a new, 4.4-liter version of the Northstar engine outfitted with a positive displacement intercooled supercharger. The dual overhead cam V-8 engine delivers the highest horsepower rating of any production Cadillac engine to date.

Corvette Z06
The Z06 is the fastest, most powerful car ever offered by Chevrolet and General Motors. With an unmistakably muscular appearance, the '06 Z06 has a visual attitude that always looks ready to demonstrate Corvette's winning attitude to any challenger around the globe. The new Z06 achieves 500 horsepower in an approximately 1419 kg (3130-pound) package and is expected to deliver 0-60 mph performance of less than 4 seconds, eclipse the quarter-mile in less than 12 seconds and deliver a top speed of more than 190 mph on a race track.

Chrysler 300C SRT8
Powered by an all-new 6.1-liter Hemi(R) V8 engine that delivers 425 horsepower, the 2005 Chrysler 300C SRT8 builds momentum for Hemi and the Chrysler 300C and is the latest addition to the Chrysler group's Street and Racing Technology (SRT) performance vehicle lineup. Preliminary performance targets for the all-new 2005 Chrysler 300C SRT8 are 0-60 mph in the low five-second range and a quarter mile time in the high 13-second range. SRT has developed seven vehicles, each of which is the performance leader in its class. The vehicles include the Dodge Viper SRT10, Dodge SRT4, Dodge Ram SRT10, Dodge Ram SRT10 Quad Cab and Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 Coupe and Roadster, and now the all-new Chrysler 300C SRT8. Chrysler 300C SRT8 will arrive in Chrysler dealer showrooms in the spring of 2005

2006 Dodge Charger
The Charger coming off the line and out of garages this year will create a new reputation for the Dodge legend, featuring a modern design to back up its twenty-first century muscle car power, sports car handling and cutting edge technology. With a 250-horsepower High Output V-6 engine or the optional 340-horsepower HEMI V-8 engine powering the large 18-inch rear wheels, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger races into the car market with bold, provocative styling and substance without losing the convenience of a modern sedan.

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8
Street and Racing Technology (SRT) engineers began with a solid foundation - the 2006 Dodge Magnum - and successfully injected SRT DNA in order to produce a vehicle that can cover a quarter mile in the high 13--second range and haul home a brand-new 27-inch TV. The 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 offers key SRT attributes in ride and handling across a dynamic range, benchmark braking, performance-inspired interior appointments and exterior styling, as well as the raw performance of SRT's big-bore version of the HEMI engine. The 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 is built at the Brampton Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario.

Dodge Ram Daytona
It comes loaded with accessories and features, including: a 5.7L HEMI V8 engine, 5-speed automatic transmission, 20-in. chrome-clad aluminum wheels, and body-colour instrument panel bezel accents. There are a number of Dodge Accessories designed by Mopar which come standard, including: a sequentially numbered IP plaque, moulded running boards and body accent kit for Quad Cab, and the exclusive graphics package includes the Daytona signature on the contrasting black-striped rear quarter panel.

Dodge Sling Shot Concept
Designed from the ground up for fun-to-drive excitement, Sling Shot was designed with affordability and fuel efficiency as key parts of its basic design. Sling Shot features a rear-mounted 3-cylinder, gasoline engine that is tuned to deliver 100 bhp and 0-50 mph time of about 10 seconds. A five-speed gearbox, rack and pinion steering, four-wheel independent suspension and four-wheel disc brakes complete the driver-oriented characteristics while delivering up to 45 mpg.

Ferrari F430
The F430 replaces the 360 Modena and is Ferrari's most technically advanced yet easy-to-drive 2-seater ever. Available as a coupe early this summer and a spider (convertible) later in the year, the F430 is powered by a 4.3-liter V-8 that produces 483 horsepower and gives the car a top speed of 196 mph. 0 to 60 mph acceleration takes just under four seconds.

Ford Fusion
The 2006 Ford Fusion breathes a fresh new attitude into the North American mid-size car. The design was inspired by the Ford 427 concept, a runaway hit with the recent auto-show crowds. It distinguishes itself from other sedans with its standout exterior design and engaging driving dynamics. It also adds good fuel economy, advanced safety, clean emissions and roomy interior space - all at a great value.

Ford Zephyr
The 2006 Lincoln Zephyr is a new luxury mid-size sedan that will attract new and younger customers to the Lincoln showroom. The Zephyr incorporates elegant Lincoln design inside and out. It is exceptionally comfortable, indulgent - and still attainable. Its classic proportions, clean lines and well-planted stance convey confidence and presence with understated elegance.

GM Hy-wire
Driving closer to reinventing the automobile, the General Motors Hy-wire concept vehicle is the world's first drivable vehicle that combines a hydrogen fuel cell with by-wire technology. The X-drive, which allows steering, braking and other vehicle systems to be controlled electronically rather than mechanically, provides greater freedom for the driver. Hy-wire so profoundly changes the automotive industry that GM has more than 30 patents in progress covering business models, technologies and manufacturing processes related to the concept and more inventions are being added all the time.

Hyundai HCD-7
The HCD-7 concept vehicle is designed to show what the next generation of an advanced performance sedan might look like. It is luxurious, spacious and comfortable, but it is also sleek and sporty. Too often luxury sedans end up with traditional three-box formal styling and end up resembling boxes on wheels. But luxury car buyers today want both comfort and style. The HCD-7 has been designed to address these needs.

Infiniti M
Along with the flagship Q45 and sporty G35, the new 2006 Infiniti M35/M45 gives Infiniti an exceptional line-up of dynamic luxury performance sedans. The two M35 models are powered by an advanced DOHC 3.5-litre V6 rated at 280 horsepower and 270 ft-lbs of torque. M45 models feature a powerful DOHC 4.5-litre V8, rated at 335-horsepower and 340 ft-lbs of torque. All models are equipped with a five-speed automatic transmission with short-throw performance shifter and manual-shift mode.

Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster
The design of the Murcilago Roadster is exclusive, aggressive and extreme. Like all Lamborghinis, it is equipped with permanent 4-wheel drive. The top speed of the Murcilago Roadster, depending on aerodynamic configuration, is over 320 km/h (around 200 mph). The Roadster - which has already attracted great interest from North American dealers and clients - is a continuation of the Italian tradition of open cars, particularly the cars that have made the Lamborghini name what it is today.

Lexus LF-X
The Lexus LF-X combines the versatility of a luxury-utility vehicle and the performance of a sports sedan in a sleek and stylish package. The LF-X concept proposes the security of all-wheel drive with a dynamic form that yields utility and dramatic styling. LF-X is powered by a 4.3-liter 300-horsepower V8 engine, paired with a five-speed automatic transmission. It has an athletic chassis with height-adjustable suspension to match high-performance expectations. Premium levels of comfort and luxury complete the picture.

Lincoln Mark LT
The 2006 Lincoln Mark LT is the industry's first luxury pickup truck. It combines the luxury and the elegance of Lincoln with the functionality of Canada's best selling truck. With its bold signature waterfall grille and gleaming exterior, the Lincoln Mark LT announces the arrival of a distinctive style.

Maserati 90th Anniversary Spyder
Maserati presents a limited-edition Spyder to celebrate the company's 90th anniversary. Distinguishing features include special Anniversary Blue paint, aerodynamic headrests, chrome door handles and special 19-inch alloy wheels. All Spyder and Coupe models are powered by a 4.2-liter, 390 horsepower V-8 engine.

Mazda MX-Crossport
The MX-CROSSPORT concept vehicle was designed at Mazda's design studio in Hiroshima, Japan. It is a crossover-type vehicle that combines the strong sports car styling motif of the company's flagship RX-8 with the more practical packaging of sport-utility vehicle.

Mercedes M-Class
For 2006, the all-new M-Class exceeds every key benchmark of its groundbreaking predecessor, and sets new ones of its own. From its striking visual presence to its exhilarating performance, the new M-Class is the SUV you've been waiting for.

Mitsubishi Eclipse
The 2006 Eclipse sporty concept coupe is distinguished by dynamic lines and muscular styling, powered by 2.4-liter inline 4-cylinder and 3.8-liter V6 engines. Eclipse offers exhilarating performance that fully embodies Mitsubishi's Sporty DNA and will be available in North America in the summer of 2005. Eclipse available feature highlights include: 263 hp, 3.8L V6 engine with available 5-speed automatic transmission with sport mode or standard 6-speed manual transmission, and 2.4L inline 4-cylinder engine with 5-speed manual or automatic transmission.

Pontiac G6 Coupe
The G6 coupe is a uniquely Pontiac vehicle that is a great addition to the family started by the G6 sedan. The G6 coupe delivers outstanding performance and generous interior room. Powertrains include a 3.5L V-6 rated at 200 horsepower in GT models and a 3.9L HO V-6 rated at 240 horsepower that is standard in GTP models.

Porsche 911
The 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet and 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, which go on sale March 12 in the U.S. and Canada, are propelled by a 3.6-liter flat six-cylinder engine with 325 horsepower (SAE) and a 3.8-liter flat six that provides 355 horsepower (SAE).

Range Rover
The 2006 Range Rover features striking new exterior details-including front grille and bumper, power vents, lamps and wheel. Also, the 2006 model gains two new powerful engine options, including a supercharged version. Two new engines add to Range Rover's performance upgrade. A normally aspirated 4.4-liter V8 engine produces 305bhp, while a supercharged 4.2-liter V8 produces 400bhp, making this the most powerful Land Rover ever. While the result is increased performance, the upgraded engines are expected to have better fuel economy than the outgoing V8.

Toyota FJ Cruiser
The FJ Cruiser was developed as a basic, capable and affordable off-roader aimed to explore new possibilities for a next-generation SUV aimed specifically at young buyers with active outdoor lifestyles. The FJ Cruisers proportionately long wheelbase and wide track produce enhanced stability and a powerful stance. Power is supplied by a 3.4-liter V6 engine equipped with a Toyota Racing Development (TRD) supercharger that creates 250-horsepower. The engine is paired with a four-speed automatic transmission and four-wheel-drive with low range. The FJ Cruiser rides on a pickup platform and is equipped with rear coil-over long travel suspension, 20-inch wheels and 33-inch tires, and a TRD cat-back exhaust.

Toyota FTX
The Toyota FTX pickup concept was designed to provide a hint of the direction in size and styling of future Toyota full-size pickups. Under the hood, the FTX is powered by a large-displacement V8 hybrid gas-electric engine that pumps out loads of torque while delivering V6 fuel efficiency. At nearly 19-feet in length, nearly seven feet in width, and six-and-one-half feet in height, the FTX offers ample proportions. The FTX is a full-fledged body-on-frame, 4x4 pickup truck. It has the interior room of a double cab, yet opens 90 degrees with suicide doors.

2006 Volvo XC90 V8
Volvo will introduce its first production eight-cylinder engine in the 2006 XC90. An engine complete with a ULEV II emissions rating, 6-speed transmission, new AWD system and 311-horsepower.

Volvo XC90 PUV Concept
Boasting a lowered stance, aggressive body styling treatment and high performance modifications, the XC90 Power Utility Vehicle Concept is an eye-catching example of what's possible with Volvo's luxury SUV.

Evolve Volvo S40 Concept
Evolve Cars, Inc. has created a masterpiece of design and engineering with the new Volvo S40 through extensive modifications to attract attention but also that back-up with performance enhancements.
redross17Offline

Brian Ross
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have pointed this out earlier, but if you haven't seen it, you can buy and print out a ticket here: http://www.autoshow.ca/count/requestbroker.asp?origid=8
LarryOffline
Site Admin

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my ticket. Call me if you guys don't have two-way radios when you leave. John said he has two of them.
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone be sure to get some pics of the BMW M5. (although you are all gone by now and nobody will see this until you get home)

Thanks!
LarryOffline
Site Admin

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M5.... pics.
redross17Offline

Brian Ross
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately my shots of the M5 were horribly blurred, or overexposed--that only left IMG_1264, 1265 turning out ok.
I also seemed to have a penchant for cropping the ends of cars out of the photos. Embarassed
But anyway: http://www.golfandbeer.org/files/unycgp/CIA2005/index.html

Patience please...they're being served from my RoadRunner connection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: