IDD IV Details out there now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: IDD IV Details out there now Reply with quote

http://www.intense-racing.com/iddvi.html

Looks like six categories for the car show on Saturday and some minor changes to the race classes on Sunday.

Cost:

Car Show - $30 to enter, $25 before 4/30/05.

Race Day - $60 to race and $15 to watch. $50 to race before 4/30/05 and $40 before 3/31/05.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott - are you still going? I booked a room for us today Laughing

Let me know, becasue I still plan on going and entering both show and race events. I got us a room for Friday and Saturday night at $50 per night.
UNYCGP Council of Elders
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on going as support duty with the Envoy. I'll be too slow to race andy my car isn't exactly show worthy. I offered several times to sponsor the car show, but haven't been contacted. It would've been nice to write-off the trip.

I can't imagine they'll get a ton of show cars at $30 a pop. Show's usually charge $10-$!5 to enter a car. But, $30 is insane. Those trophies better rock. I do plan on offering touch-up detailing services and supplies to local club members participating in the show. I'll probably have a good chunk of my arsenal in the Envoy.

Someone on the national boards had a great question about the $30 show fee. Merc said it was to pay for judging (voted by attendees, not actual judges) and trophies. The six winning awards would be about 11 trophies or so.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on Intense's site-
INTENSE Show Day admission will be $30.0 U.S. per car to show.

Anyone registering on or before April 30, 2005 will be admitted for $25.00 U.S. And anyone registering on or before March 31, 2005 will be admitted for $20.00 U.S.

So, if you register this month it's $20 and the race day is cheaper too. OK, if your going then I'm going to register this month for both and plan on it. I wonder how many cars he'll get this year and what will happen there with all the latest hoopla going on Rolling Eyes

My car isn't exactly show worthy or race worthy either, but wtf, I'm going to enter anyways. You can help me detail like crazy Saturday morning Laughing
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probally not going?

#1. I'm not down to support a shady company.

#2. The rules are changed not in favor of the avage GP person, In fact I see them as changed and set-up to support the intense race cars. <gay

a] No bolt on (stock heads/cam) NA class not fair to the 95% of modded GT guys. But like everyone knows intense dosn't care about the GT guys.

The mild class (street power adder) in way to broad, They will be cars hitting 11's.

Any car with a turbo in in the highest class? As in, 100% bone stock 3800 GP SE with a cartuning turbo kit in in class with the intense turbo race car? < gay

The stock power adder class should still be good for the avarge guy to do good in. I see LOTS of 13.6-13.4's cars Should be like past years but someone might get a 12.99 finally (1.9's,gen5, TOG's, 3.25) low 13's is about maxed for the mods in the past, I did good in that class.

#3 It's a fucking ripp off now. $60 is a joke, MICGP rents norwalk out of there own pocket, and it's less than that for alot less cars. Let alone a sponcerd event? For $60 a person and $15 to watch thats of of money in the hat. So payouts should be to the top 10-15 places not 4-5. And only a $500<4<3<2<100 "gift certivicate" <gay

Will see closer to the event.

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary Citro wrote:
Let me know, becasue I still plan on going and entering both show and race events. I got us a room for Friday and Saturday night at $50 per night.

I might book a room for Sunday night too. The rain date (which we've needed before) is Monday, and I'd prefer to drive back the next day (Monday) anyway.

I'm looking forward to going. There should be a lot of fast cars and some new turbo cars. Hopefully it will be another 'personal best' track day for me. And of course all the GP folks will be there. Should be fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: