IDD VI Car Show - Should I sponsor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: IDD VI Car Show - Should I sponsor? Reply with quote

With just over a month to go before the event, Intense decided to contact me regarding sponsorship ideas for the show. Right now, I don't know if I'm up for it. I know for sure that I won't be racing. I'll have the Envoy and will be running support duty. I do plan on touching up UNYCGP cars for the show.

I have no clue what to expect from IDD VI. The recent flack seems to have died down, but I don't know what the effect on the show/event will be. Last year, only one of my four gift certificates was redeemed. Business from the GP crowd is weak at best. You guys give me more business than the rest of club GP combined.

But, as s ponsor, I could get good advertising and possibly some sales leads. I really have no interest in running the show since that would take time from the fun. Plus, your cars will need some lovin' sfter a 300+ miles. I won't be selling anything since I'll have no room to lug inventory. Norwalk might have rules of their own regarding sales on thier property.

Nice bonus, the trip becomes fully deductible if I sponsor. I can write off food, gas, mileage (41.5 cents/mile I think) and the hotel room. I'm leaning towards no, but the are some nice advantages that are thinking about swaying me.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thoughts on IDD are that yes, there has been allot of negative exposure for Intense lately, and yes, some of it appears to be truth, but-
it's still just a gathering of GPers that is allot closer for me than driving to MGM or GPG, not to mention it's at a great pro track with great facilities and conditions.

So, I'm going. Let me know ASAP Scott as I already made resos
UNYCGP Council of Elders
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going. it's like going to a talaban fund rasier.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny airbox wrote:
I'm not going. it's like going to a talaban fund rasier.

don't worry, your apartment is on our list of things to blow up John Laughing
Scott POffline
Top Dog

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary...I will be going. I just don't know if it will be as a sponsor.

Johnny...Osama Bin Cook? You can do better than that. I'm sure there will be some fun times. Besides, I'd like to see what your car could do on such a nice track.
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

What's involved with you being a sponsor? Do you know that it's being held at the track? Since you're going to be there anyway, I'm sure there's different ways you could promote your business. If you don't have space for inventory, maybe you could sell a few products like quick detailer and towels. Maybe setup up a table and work on one GTP or show what products you sell. I guess it depends on what it will cost you to be a sponsor.
DougOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 804

Doug McKeown
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,
It would be hard for me to say yes or no to your sponsership of IDD. I guess if I were in your shoes the biggest PISSER would be they waited so long to get back to you after you first contacted them, but we know they have been busy in spin control, what with all the blackmail and payoffs. Take a bit to think about it before you decide, as you know from last year work/racing can get in the way of the party!
I am going to race, and could give a shit about what others think of that. It is by far the biggest Grand Prix racing event of the last few years, and I'll bet ZZP makes more off of it in increased sales of performance mods then does Intense. It is way more a club Grand Prix event then an Intense event. Plus this year could be VERY exciting with all the shit going on, ain't going to miss all that! Best track and prep you can find and there is sure to be many turbo GP's there which will be great to watch.
This could well be the last IDD the way things are going, and John can throw a big party if it is, I will come and drink with him for sure if it is. But I will racing at Norwalk this May with Binny L. and the boy's.
1969 Firebird convertible 455 FUN
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Doug on this one Scott, but it would be great for your business if you do a sponsership! I would lean more towards YES because you're going to be there anyway. I think the sponser fee would be a good investment towards all the potential customers.

Plus my whip will need a makeover once I get there! Razz
Scott POffline
Top Dog

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'll give them a call and see what they are looking for. I was going to provide trophies, but it sounds like they've alreay purchased those.

But, I can't get past how little business I've goten from the GP crowd. I sponsored for six months or so and don't even think I got sales equal to my advertising, much less profit from it.
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actully alot of people arn't going. This time last year they already would have the list of people singed up, 100+. This year there not doing it becuse they don't want you to see everyone thats not going, LOL.

Scott, you should try this. See about sponcering somthing local. Look into roclife.com. I asume the sponcership to get a banner like clubgp is way cheaper. It's mostly ricers, but if your wanting to get into doing detail work I think this would be good. And thers lots of places local that have a bad rep from doing bad work. (tint shop,detal soinc, auto crafting ect.) Would of mouth is the beast advertisment for local car work. And the ricers love getting "deals, and Hook-ups" LOL. You know you to run the busness sale and that stuff. Plus local you get the cash sales no shipping,CC %'s, paypail %'s, that crap. The ricer kids are all over 10-15% off for a club or team members. Goupe buys/ groupe details.. Just try it? I donno this year but I say alot of good things form Dimaond detailing on Ubarf. Thats the best advertiments, I adually wanted after seeing the work getting my car gone over. Seeing the work they did on JonL GTP. Anyone can buy cheap supplys online.
Scott POffline
Top Dog

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike and Corey at Diamond Detailing do great work. I've even tossed business their way. I actually have RocLife and Ubrf bookmarked and even have a screen name. I may look into them this summer.

Club discounts may come when I get the new site online. I just need to get my ass busy.

I wish there was away to check out the actual attendees this year for IDD VI. From what I see ont he boards, attendance should be good. I just don't know if there will be any actual benefit.
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny airbox wrote:
Actully alot of people arn't going. This time last year they already would have the list of people singed up, 100+. This year there not doing it becuse they don't want you to see everyone thats not going

John - When you get a chance, can you please post the list of people that have registered for IDD so far?
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott P wrote:
I just don't know if there will be any actual benefit.

I guess the question for you becomes "at what point is it beneficial?"

If you pick up one new, loyal customer, is that worth it? How about 2, or 4? What would a realistic expectation be?
DougOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 804

Doug McKeown
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,
I have given this some thought. It is different going for the party and racing, seeing the new mods on the Cartuning and Statama turbo cars, enjoying your self but staying neutrel on all the Intense bull shit.
But if you sponser the event you would not be considered neutrel by most people. And by your last year results it didn't help your bussiness, it just helps Intense say they have more sponsers, seems to help them out more then you. So I would say no, it isn't worth it to be a sponser. I'm don't go to win prizes, and I'm sure I wont this year. But I am going to try to run a PB and have fun.
Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: