2 home pages?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Website Comments, Suggestions, & Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: 2 home pages? Reply with quote

I can see 2 different "home" pages

http://forum.unycgp.com/unycgp/portal/index.php

and

http://forum.unycgp.com/unycgp/

Is that supposed to happen?

I actually like the layout of the second better, but it has that ugly PA car instead of the April GP of the Month.
LarmoOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1186

Dan Larmondra
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike I'm not sure of your intentions but I think you KNOW that is the old "home page". If you didn't know that you must have been under a rock for the last few months.

Obviously, the old home page doesn't have ANY functionality whatsoever, hence the new one. It will be dying very soon so disregard.
FRPP 4.10s, MGW Shifter, CDC Light Bar, KDWs
Kooks LTs, Mac Prochamber to Pypes Mid-Mufflers

redross17Offline
Total posts: 3600

Brian Ross
2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance that there can be "one homepage" at www.unycgpforums.com? I know www.unycgpforums.com takes you to the active site, but then the URL changes, and everything gets rooted to "http://forum.unycgp.com/unycgp/...." Any chance the server or site could be modified to remain www.unycgpforums.com (you still have your "Powered by" at the bottom Wink). (and the server cookie would have to be updated, too)
LarmoOffline
Cammed

Dan Larmondra
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, sorry. Logistically that's impossible at this point.
Mike HOffline
Top Dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larmo wrote:
Mike I'm not sure of your intentions but I think you KNOW that is the old "home page". If you didn't know that you must have been under a rock for the last few months.

1- My intentions were to point out that there are 2 different home pages that users can end up at. One did not redirect to the other on my computer. I had no sinister motives. I wasn't sure if that was intentional, or a bug, or something that got forgotten.

2- I rarely visited the old home page, chosing to go directly to the forums. When I saw the "old" home page pop up instead of the new one (ie. the one you get when you currently click on home) I wasn't sure if that was intentional, a bug, or something that got forgotten. And since I didnt' visit the "old" home page often, I didn't have a good idea of what it looked like, and this one struck me as different than I recalled.

Larmo wrote:

Obviously, the old home page doesn't have ANY functionality whatsoever, hence the new one. It will be dying very soon so disregard.

That's really all you needed to say. Dan, have a beer and relax a bit. Not everything is a personal attack directed at you.

You asked for reports on bugs that are found. I thought I found one and simply wanted to bring it to your attention (recall the posts I made about the error messages? Same situation. Trying to help you work out what may or may not be bugs as best I can.) All you needed to say was, "nope, that's the old home page. Disregard it as it will be gone soon."

Peace?
LarmoOffline
Cammed

Dan Larmondra
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing personal taken, Mike. Why would I take it personally? Clearly you're not yet understanding my humor, as dry as it may be sometimes I presume. I was just mentioning you must have been under a rock for the last few months if you had never seen that old "home page" before, 'tis all.

I think alotta peeps never visited the old front page, choosing much like you did to skip it and go directly to the forums. Hopefully now peeps will bookmark the front page now that it is a much better snapshot of the overall website and will be different every time you visit it! Hope you all enjoy... continue to send me bug issues and NO I DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING YOU IDIOTS SAY PERSONALLY !!!! (unless you talk about my momma) Shocked Shocked
Mike HOffline
Top Dog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larmo wrote:
Clearly you're not yet understanding my humor

That may be.

Larmo wrote:

the front page now that it is a much better snapshot

Funny you should word it that way with my car gracing the front page

Laughing
LarmoOffline
Cammed

Dan Larmondra
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't flatter yourself..... Shocked Shocked
Mike HOffline
Top Dog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larmo wrote:
Don't flatter yourself..... Shocked Shocked

Don't worry, it won't be there for long. After all, April Fool's day lasts but one day. Kinda like my car being clean...
redross17Offline
Total posts: 3600

Brian Ross
2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah blah blah...One might think a moderator would insist crap like this be moved to PMs. Rolling Eyes Ironic, no?

On topic:
I think the car should stay.
Dan, you have a PM regarding security.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Website Comments, Suggestions, & Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: