Detail Day Portion of Mod Day Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Detail Day Portion of Mod Day Information Reply with quote

With Mod/Detail Day being just a few days away, I thought I would lay out my plans for this event. Well, at least I can cover the Detail Day portion of the event.

The weather looks to be crappy with rain. We had to cancel last years Detail Day because of it, but it wont stop us this year. Ill have all my products jammed into the back of the Envoy. I also plan on having some persona stock to get rid of. Ill do my best to have some samples to play around with. If you wish to use your own stuff, feel free to bring it. I wont beat your ass for bringing Zaino or anything like that. Now, if you show up with a bottle of Nu-Finish, there may be trouble. Very Happy

If you have a wash mitt, drying towel and or bucket, try to bring it. If its raining, we may need to give the cars a quick washing and drying. As long as the shop floor is clean, Ill bring my leaf blower to accelerate the drying process.

I will be demonstrating polishing techniques on various cars. Carys car is on the docket already and Im sure some poor sap has a car covered in sap, water spots, small child residue, etc that may need to be cleaned.

The deal for pricing is 20% off my regular pricing. I take cash or good personal checks. I dont feel like busting out the credit card knuckle buster, but can do so. Feel free to look over my site to have an idea what you want.

Bring a buffer if you have one. Ill be bringing both my rotary and random orbit polisher. Hopefully, Cary will bring up his Porter Cable buffer as well. Those big 10 cheapie buffers do work for cleaner waxes, so it is worth bringing for a spin. I do not stock bonnets for those. Stop by Advanced/Pep Boys/AutoZone for those things.

If you have any product questions, feel free to ask them here and Ill see what I can do.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also be bringing my full arsenal of waxing and cleaning toys. Razz
although the car might be very dirty Presto after I'm done driving up there Evil or Very Mad
Does Marino's place have a hose to wash the vehicles in the warehouse? I don't remember. Rolling Eyes

just washed her quick today and she looks good now, but I do need to do some clay/solvent/swirl/wax this weekend. I hope it's not raining, we'll see I guess.

Scott, bring me a bottle of that metal polish that you sampled me, works good, I like it. let me know how much $
UNYCGP Council of Elders
Marino454Offline
Supercharged
Total posts: 300

Marino
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hose is inside but the washing is gonna have to take place outside...sorry guys....
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marino454 wrote:
the hose is inside but the washing is gonna have to take place outside...sorry guys....

if it rains were screwed Laughing
Scott POffline
Top Dog

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary Citro wrote:
Marino454 wrote:

if it rains were screwed Laughing

Not really. I'll be bringing some of my personal supply of magic ingredients. Very Happy
Scott POffline
Top Dog

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a guest speaker/teacher for this event too. Corey from Diamond Detailing will be there to offer advice and show you some profesional moves. You ubarf folks probably know of him and his work.
clopez98gtpOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 96

Clint Lopez
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: anyone know how to do body work??? Reply with quote

if i can make it to mod day i will. does anyone know how to do body work. there is some rust forming under my gas cap door and its getting bigger by the months. thats the only spot tho. it may have been from gas getting on the finish. and guys it started way before I bought the car so i have been trying to minimize it but no luck.

Thanks,

Clint Lopez
mguzzoOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2863

Michael Guzzo
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ same thing happening to me, it's from water getting behind the filler neck. I don't have a quote on fixing it yet, I don't think it will be cheap.
Pullied, cammed, intercooled. With a kiddie seat. It once ran a 13 flat.
1998 True Green Metallic GTP Sedan (retired)
Stock: 14.33 @ 96.5
PB: 13.89 @ 101 mph
Scott POffline
Top Dog

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once rust starts, there isn't a lot you can do. You need to basically cut it out. Then, you have teh joy of filling in the hole and then painting it. Since the paintmost likely won't blend well, you get to repaint the whole panel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: