1st Annual UNYCGP Poker Run???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: 1st Annual UNYCGP Poker Run??? Reply with quote

While I was in North Carolina for Thanksgiving, my brother and I hit up a local Biker bar in Fayetteville, NC. The North Carolina chapter of the Hell's Angels were doing a charity Poker Run that day we were in the bar. I know this has been brought up before (Mike Hahn I think?) and it seems like it would be a blast! I was talking to the bartender and she filled me in on how this goes down.

- Everyone pays an entry fee- $25 (This would include a t-shirt or somesort of gift.)
-Half of the entry fee goes towards a charity or towards our club party fund. The other half goes to the person with the best/worst poker hands.
-They had a string of 5 bars in the Fayetteville/ Charlotte area that they had to get to in order to get their poker cards. They all started at one bar and had to find out where the next bar was in order to get the next card. One poker card is dished out to each person at each bar at random. At the end of the 5 stop poker run, they all meet up and lay down the cards. Winner takes half the pot while the poor sap with the shit hand takes the other. They had about 20 bikers that did this and it seemed like it would be a ton of fun. I think we could spread out the 5 stops between Buffalo and Rochester and make a sweet cruise out of this as well. Just no crazy drinking and driving! Let me know what you guys think and I'll get this rolling! I already have a sweet t-shirt design drawn up!
-Sean
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me! I'd suggest next spring or summer.

What have you got in mind for a t-shirt? What popped into my head was 5 cards spread out in a hand, with the top card reading "UNYCGP" or "GP" and instead of a suit, pontiac emblems.

If you plan this out far enough ahead of time, you could invite other clubs to participate (we've done stuff with local dsm club before - maybe a local f-body club or GTO club would participate) and make alot of money for a charity and for our club!
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I was aiming towards a spring-time poker run. Can't do that shit in the snow! Plus like you said, it will give us PLENTY of time to plan for this event. I would love for it to be huge. Otrher clubs would be more than welcome. (hint, hint OQCGP!!) I love your t-shirt idea! I was planning on a 5 card spread with racing flags at the ends. I totally dig the pontiac emblems for the suits!!! Nice touch. I'll try and whip something up in Photoshop in the coming winter months.... Anyone else down for this?
Beer, gambling and cars??? You can't go wrong with that combo!
BigEOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 16

Eric Wilcox
1998 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that actually sounds like a hell of a lot of fun, not to mention it would give us some exposure! I would definately be up for doing that in the spring!!
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll toss in a bottle of something or two for prizes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: