UNYCGP Holiday party February 6th.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotty MacOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2794

Scott McAvoy
2002 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: UNYCGP Holiday party February 6th..... Reply with quote

The UNYCGP Holiday Party has been scheduled for February 6th at Scotch and Sirloin, dinnner time will be 8pm, so if anyone wants to meet early, we can go to the Bar and have a few drinks!!

Now this gives everyone exactley 1 month notice, turn in your vacation requests ASAP, or just make it a scheduled event on your calender, cause it's time to party!

Scott Preston, will be in contact with the GP Store shortly, and they will have a $100 check in his hands HOPEFULLY before the party, that $100 will go towards the dinner making it that much less for us to pay!

Now for the fun part, I am making a list of all members planning to attend this party, and a list of who is bringing guests. For the first time ever, we will be selling tickets to the dinner, tickets will be $30 a head, this will eliminate any problems we have experienced in the past. I am sorry if this upsets anyone, but the consensus of this club was that if we kept it to under $40 a person everyone could swing the money for dinner and drinks. at $30 a head for dinner and drinks, I feel that this is a great bargain! If anyone has a problem with this, please contact me privately and we can discuss this matter.

Ticket sales! After I post this, I will send an E-mail to all of my Area Co-ordinators, and some moderators, these people will be in charge of collecting money for the holiday party. They will make a list of people they have received money from, and on the date of the holiday party those who have pre-paid will be able to order dinnner and drinks without having to worry about paying. Those arriving without having pre-paid will have the opportunity to pay the dinner fee up front, or can select to be on there own seperate check!

Unused money....Personally I feel, that all the unused money should be saved an used to sponsor future meets, or saved for the summer picnic. If we save the money, that means that future events will be funded, and will cost each indvidual less to attend. For instance we could save the money to be used for something like Go-karts in Syracuse, I can rent the track for 1 hour or 2 hours with the saved money? What does everyone think?

I hope to see ALOT of you there, and can't wait to have some fun!

-Scott
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check with Scotch and Sirloin to see if that date and time was available?

I also hope that people understand that the 30 bucks doesn't necessarily cover their entire meal. For example, they do have a few meals well over 30, such as twin lobster tails with a filet mignon.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just checked with the War department and that weekend is already booked dammit Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

Take me off the list Scott if that winds up being the day for sure, sorry
I am taking my kids to Splash Lagoon in Erie for an overnight stay with 4 other couples and their kids Shocked
UNYCGP Council of Elders
Scotty MacOffline
Top Dog

Scott McAvoy
2002 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I am sorry you can't make it Cary, it's not gonna be the same kind of demented fun without you Wink

Yeah, so that everyone knows, Scotch and Sirloin does have menu items that reach up and beyond $50 each, if you order one of these meals, you WILL be responsible for covering the diffrence between your $30 and the price of your meal. If someone feels the need to order the Lobstertails with Filet Mignon, and a bottle of Champagne, that is fine with me, just give me your $200 for dinner in advance and you will be covered! Laughing
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have to go to court that day?

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
Scotty MacOffline
Top Dog

Scott McAvoy
2002 Other Car
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not going to be there til 8pm, so when you get out of court come to Scotch and Sirloin and have dinner with us!
EdmundGTPOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 520

Ed Alexander
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of now count me in

3.25/1.9/DHP/TOG/BORLA/M90PORT/
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the number of attendees is around 15 people at this point, why don't we move it somewhere cheaper and more enjoyable? I was thinking that the Distillery would bea good bet. A Saturady night would also be better since I'm not a big fan of eating dinner at 9:00 (which happens when you meet at 8:00 for dinner).
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott P wrote:
Since the number of attendees is around 15 people at this point, why don't we move it somewhere cheaper and more enjoyable? I was thinking that the Distillery would bea good bet. A Saturady night would also be better since I'm not a big fan of eating dinner at 9:00 (which happens when you meet at 8:00 for dinner).

If it's going to be a once a year thing, let's go somewhere nice.

We can do distillery for a monthly meet.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, Saturday Feb. 7th sounds better to me too!!! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: