UNYCGP Showroom ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Website Comments, Suggestions, & Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

UNYCGP Showroom ?
Hells yeah !!
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Naw, don't waste your time..
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larmo,
I think it should be called Members Showroom or Members Photos and that each registered member should have access to create an albumn of photos for his car, like a donating member on the nats.

It should be accessible to the public so that visitors can check out our rides. The rating system I like also (kind of like cardomain.com) Can you also allow people to leave comments in a list attached to each albumn like cardomain?

I'm going to wait until spring to take some new shots, but Id upload some now.
UNYCGP Council of Elders
LarmoOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1186

Dan Larmondra
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary,

I thank you for the comments and suggestions. I value your input especially, being our "elder spokesman" and with your extensive experience on the national board.

I've heard this from a few other people, (regarding individualized photo albums).... so I think I'll work on something to this effect today. I may in fact create individual photo showrooms for donating members only, much like the national board.

Still working on it. Thoughts?
FRPP 4.10s, MGW Shifter, CDC Light Bar, KDWs
Kooks LTs, Mac Prochamber to Pypes Mid-Mufflers

Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larmo wrote:

Still working on it. Thoughts?

If you could allow folks to create albums on their own, then we could have albums for specific events, as well as for individuals.

For example, a holiday party album, a picnic album, a first day at the track '04 album, dyno day album, etc.
LarmoOffline
Cammed

Dan Larmondra
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike.... that's a great idea to add various different categories for various club functions, but I'm a bit hesitant to allow any and all users to go in and create any categories they want as this may get out of hand.

I would suggest that if anyone have a suggestion or would like a specific category created, to inquire with either Mike H or myself and we can manually add it via our Administrator permissions.

As for right now, are there any additional public categories I should create to start off?

UPDATE: The ability to add your own individual Personal Member Showroom has been added. (although you must be a donating member to have this enabled, just like the national boards. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ) Somehow, someway Cary snuck in before I could set these permisions so he's gotten away with a free Personal Member Showroom. You'd better send a donation Cary !!!
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Somehow, someway Cary snuck in before I could set these permisions so he's gotten away with a free Personal Member Showroom. You'd better send a donation Cary !!!

I had already paypal'd before I even read this after reading the other forum Laughing
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although I was "set up for free" as you stated Larmo, when I click on either the members personal showroom, or personal showroom link I get this-
Sorry, Personal Galleries are only available to donating members.
Please click here to contribute and your personal gallery will then be promptly enabled. Thank you!

Let me know when you get my paypal so i can up some more pics to my albumn Rolling Eyes

Oh, I agree that in order to have and post your own albumn with the donation, but only ALSO donating members are allowed to view it? It should be viewable to anyone, registered or otherwise, no?
LarmoOffline
Cammed

Dan Larmondra
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Paypal donation was received and access to your personal gallery has been enabled !!! Post away, Cary.... (please confirm access)

Your assumption is correct. In order to CREATE a personal gallery you must be a donating member, but EVERYONE can view your gallery. This was at the request of Mike H. This is the way you guys want it, no?

Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is the way you guys want it, no?

YES! perfect, thanks. this way I can point other peeps to a link to my albumn.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your Paypal donation was received and access to your personal gallery has been enabled !!! Post away, Cary.... (please confirm access)

even after closing my browser, and reloading, no access. I also tried to log out/log in, no dice larmo
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larmo wrote:
This was at the request of Mike H. This is the way you guys want it, no?

Huh?

My suggestion was that folks be able to set up albums. I didn't say anything about who could view, etc. I also don't recall linking a gallery to a donation.

My suggestion about donations was that credit be given as to a person's level of donation over on the left, like on the national board, bronze, silver, gold level, etc.
LarmoOffline
Cammed

Dan Larmondra
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary Citro wrote:
Quote:

even after closing my browser, and reloading, no access. I also tried to log out/log in, no dice larmo

Cary, my fault..... it should be ok now. Please check and confirm.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Huh?

My suggestion was that folks be able to set up albums. I didn't say anything about who could view, etc. I also don't recall linking a gallery to a donation.

My suggestion about donations was that credit be given as to a person's level of donation over on the left, like on the national board, bronze, silver, gold level, etc.

I also agree with my fellow council member Wink
credit should be given to anyone who can, or does donate, BUT- albumn space should be accorded to everyone who is a member of UNYCGP without a doubt.

If you ever run into funding issues with this format, then post so and let the members who are willing and or able to assist with such matters as neccessary. Us "council elders" remember well what it is like to be in a situation when every $.01 counts. I am strongly for albumn access to be granted to ALL members of UNYCGP with, or without, financial contribution. It's the way things should be. Very Happy

respectfully sumbitted for the board.....ooops wait...to Mac Laughing
LarmoOffline
Cammed

Dan Larmondra
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will program and configure the website any way you'd like.... however please realize that "album access" is indeed open to anyone and everyone. (donor or not). The only limitation is that donating members will also receive their own personal gallery.

Again, the public gallery is open to anyone, regardless of donor level.

It's up to you guys.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, but the "public" gallery consists of 1 pic uploads, no? I was thinking more along the lines of letting ALL members have a gallery where they could upload mutliple shots of their cars for free. i know this will take up bandwidth, but bandwidth is realitively cheap and could be compinsated for.

letting all members upload 1 pic here or there is great, but why not have all members able to create a nice multi-pic gallery for their ride? perhaps a size restriction on the albumn so as to not have any single member take advandtage of the system? (same as nats, btw, you can't upload shitloads as a donating member)
LarmoOffline
Cammed

Dan Larmondra
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the public gallery you can upload as many pics as you want. Right now there are no limitations on this. Users can upload an entire gallery of their own photos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Website Comments, Suggestions, & Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: