holiday dinner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: holiday dinner Reply with quote

Dinner was great! good to see all of you guys again, even if I didn't get to talk too much to all of you at the other end of the table with my W.I.F.E. Very Happy Oh, Brad....Sheryl said you were well behaved and actually really nice to talk to? Shocked Confused Laughing Scott Preston and Scott Mac...great job guys, thanks for putting it together and thanks also to Presto for wrangling the tab again.

Uh, what was up with the "junior and supposedly more energetic" members bailing out after dinner? Shocked Confused Guzzo/Preston had good excuses to go, Gorzo was up for hangin out, but NO ONE else wanted to do anything after dinner?!?!? Confused(except for Tommy who had his crew at a bar that I would've got lost going to) I thought this was a party? sheesh...you friggin light weights Laughing Even my wife said to me that she wouldn't consider driving back 3 hours just to hang out for 2. Uh, the 2 of us went to Tully's for a few afterwards, just FYI.

When you guys are actually considering having a "party" let me know and I'll bring up some nipples Laughing yikes...I guess it's up to the elders to instruct you "boys" how to hang Laughing Next time let's plan something for afterward too (and I know, the pool was friggin outdoors Shocked dumb hotel wench screwed me all up on that one)

j/k...but it would have been nice to go somewhere with everybody afterwards. the drive WAS actually longer than the event, kinda sad Laughing

UNYCGP Council of Elders
tracerprixOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 717

Mike Gorzynski
2005 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had fun, too bad nothing went on afterwards, oh well, it was nice see you again Cary and along with the new faces I haven't seen before.. Mike Guzzo and the wifes / girlfriends not seen yet. It is nice to put faces to names. i hope everyone else had fun and the guys who went to toronto, i hop eyou guys got some sleep!!! Very Happy

Gorzo
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking forward to more accounts of the party.

I do hope you all had a good time.

I had a good time as well. I love Brooklyn. Food, food, more food everywhere!

Some of the hired car drivers even speak broken english. I only feared for my life once in a hired car.

At the reception, lots of folks said that the bar tenders were rude, but I found that they just needed to get to know you. I visited them frequently. After a significant number of trips to the bar, I suggested that it might be easier for them to just mix up a pitcher of whiskey sours for me. Guess what they had ready for me at my next visit?

LOL I had a blast.

Maybe I'll get to see you all at the summer picnic this year.
mguzzoOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2863

Michael Guzzo
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a good time. The wx on the way back to Buffalo was not too bad, we got home about midnight. Glad we could all make it out, I know that it actually adds a little credibility for the next time I want to go hang out and the wife can put actual people to the event. Thanks to Prez Scotty Mac and "Treasurer" Scott P for setting this up.
Pullied, cammed, intercooled. With a kiddie seat. It once ran a 13 flat.
1998 True Green Metallic GTP Sedan (retired)
Stock: 14.33 @ 96.5
PB: 13.89 @ 101 mph
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great time. I would have loved to go out afterwards, but I had to get up at 6:00 on Sunday to make it to an indoor swap meet to sell wax. I also had to finish packing up my inventory for the trip.

I have tentatively set the 2004 Holiday Party for December 11th (I think). I will try and find a place with a per head charge that can accomodate the 15-20 that will end up coming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: