UNYCGP Christmas Party
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC2GIWOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 5563

Matt Antonio
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: UNYCGP Christmas Party Reply with quote

Well folks, the time has come again for our "FU, if it wasn't for Christmas, there wouldn't be a 'holiday party' party".

Since there has been too much debate in the past over where it is, when it is, and who can and can't make it, the club has subscribed to the policy of, this is when it is, and where it is, we'll see ya there.

That being said, the central location for the club is still Rochester. That's where I'm putting the party. Rochester. The population of the club is focused between Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffahoe, so Rochester is the winner.

In the past, I'd organized the party at Delmonicoes, and frankly, I like their food. So that's the venue. Delmonicoes in Rochester.

Here's the new plan, though. I'm going to try to organize this as a pay-ahead ordeal. Since people still don't hold up thier end of the stick on large events like this and the people at the 'other end of the table' get left holding the bag, paying much more than they need to.

I'm going to call Delmonicoes today and get a pre-determined menu of 3-4 different entree's including salad and a desert hopefully, with N/A beverages included. You're going to put your name on the list, paypal me the money, and I'll take care of it when we get to the restaraunt. Price should be somewhere around $20...at least that's the price point i'm working for. Any adult beverages or additional food (appetizers, cannolis) will be the responsibility of the ordering party.

I'm not too keen on giving refunds either. That is a huge hassle for me and the restaraunt will need a firm count.

I'm setting the date to December 15th. I'll try to get the restaraunt around 3:30 PM. This way those of us with families can get back to wherever it is they came from early enough or the rest of us can go out and get shitty if we like with another day of recovery.

I will not accept paypal until the details are confirmed, but consider this post fair warning. Look at your schedules and begin complie an initial attendance list. Once I have pricing finalized, I'll get back to you all with the paypal address and a final cost.

I think we should have a good turnout this year--and hopefully we can have some fun.

I'll work on some extras that we'd never had before...but no promises. I can guarantee with reasonable confidence a good meal and offensive company. Past that...it's up in the air.

Guests are always welcome, especially if they're hot, single women between 18 and 28 Idea

As for you kids with kids--I will ask about kid's meals and see if I can get a discounted rate so the youngin's can have their own deal, but no promises--you may have to take care of that separately, but I have a feeling that if you're responsible enough to keep a child alive, you can probably figure out his or her own food bill.

So that's it. Saturday the 15th of December, at Delmonicoes in Rochester.

Please include your screen name, so I know who you are!

1. Matt A. (KC2GIW)
02 Black Z06. All work done by New Era Perforamnce. 519/497 at the rear, 3100 lbs.
05 Arctic Cat Firecat F7 - Sold
07 Arctic Cat F8 Sno Pro - Smashed into 1000 orange pieces.
seen96Offline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2033

Drag Radials Suck on FWD.
1997 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Guests are always welcome, especially if they're hot, single women between 18 and 28

Is 17 ok? That'd be niiicccce Razz Laughing .

I'm not 100% but. hope to be going.[/quote]
IC (Ford Cobra coolant resv., frt exchr the size of a engine rad. weight consum. rear expans. tank)
"Certified Auto Trans Shop" Transmission sold by ZZP...I have no comment for this peice of...great trans. Wink
Also,
SLP Headers <--FOR SALE
Eaton's Gen.3 M90
ROSS3ROffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1376

Kenny Rosser
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I got my formal business christmas party same day and its in Rochester Crying or Very sad
firecatsrtOffline
Supercharged
Total posts: 398

mike
1997 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one day I actually do NOT have to work Smile so... I should be able to make it. Soon as you have a price paypal will be off to ya.

going to need directions for us Rottenchester challenged
KC2GIWOffline
Top Dog

Matt Antonio
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK kids, here's the menu:

Delmonico's Delmonico Steak
1 ½ Pound (24 Ounces) Choice Center Cut Rib-eye Steak from Midwestern Heavy Aged Beef, seasoned and seared to perfection. Served with Penne Marinara.

Salmon
10 Ounces of Salmon Filet with the Chef's Sauce of the Day served with authentic Italian Orzo.

Chicken Marsala
Chicken Breasts sautéed with Mushrooms, Butter and Marsala Wine with Angel Hair Pasta.

Veal Parmigiana
Veal with Italian Breadcrumbs, topped with Marinara Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese over Angel Hair Pasta.

Shrimp Scampi
Jumbo Shrimp sautéed with Garlic Butter, Herbs and Chopped Roma Tomatoes over Angel Hair Pasta.

Pork Chops
Two Boneless 8 oz. Center Cut Chops grilled and finished with the Chef's Sauce of the Day. Served with Angel Hair Pasta.

We are on for December 15th, tentitively scheduled for 15-20 people. If the numbers get higher, then I'll let him know.

The price is going to be $22.99 a head (Entree is 19.99, and I'm including dessert for 3/ea because most of us will want it) not counting tax or gratuity. So, that being said, I'm making the buy in $27. This should cover the gratuity and tax. Don't forget that tax! We have a tendancy to be a pain in the ass to servers, so about 3-3.50 a person in tip I think is fair.

There you go. Regular salad, entree, dessert, and all you can drink soda, tea and coffee are incluced. You don't have to choose your entree now, pick it there..but I had to pick a price point, and I think this "group" of entrees has the best variety for the price.

The Dessert menu:

Amaretto Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce
Homemade witha a Graham Cracker Crust.

Cappuccino Ice Cream Pie
Homemade with toasted Walnuts in a Chocolate Cookie Crust. Topped with Whipped Cream.

Tartufo
Vanilla & Chocolate Ice Cream with Nuts and Cherries coated with Chocolate.

Tiramisu
Creamy Italian Custard layered over Lady Fingers soaked in Espresso.

Homemade Cannoli
Cream Filled Italian Pastry with a hint of Grand Marnier.

Questions? Comments and concerns, accepted, but not necessarily welcomed.
KC2GIWOffline
Top Dog

Matt Antonio
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes...money.

My paypal: mda5463@rit.edu. Paypal me $27...but I'm verified so it takes freakin 3% off or some gay shit. what's that like $27.84. Stupid.

We pay for the sins of our forefathers though on this one. Prepay is much more hastle free...for everyone but me.

Put your name on zee list:

1 Matt A (KC2GIW)
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion...
We don't want to know we're going to be short before we get there. I think you should just collect at least $30.
$23, tax ($1.84), tip ($5.75) = $30.59. With a minimal 20% tip, you are at $29.44.
I think you're setting yourself up to be short $60-$80.

But if you just want the majority covered and then collect the difference there, than I guess that's up to you.
LarryOffline
Site Admin

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. - Thanks for setting this up. Smile
KC2GIWOffline
Top Dog

Matt Antonio
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Larry just screwed you all out of 3 bucks.

$30 + 3% = $31.

I think Larry has a good point.

I'm an wary of charging too much...but I mean...that is what it costs.

$30.
maybe_memoriesOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 192

Justin
1998 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in 4 a b-lo party.
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe_memories wrote:
in 4 a b-lo party.

Is Rochester too far to drive?
KC2GIWOffline
Top Dog

Matt Antonio
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry is nicer than me

This post is intended to inform you of when and where it is, and allow you to include your name on the list. That's it.

Last edited by KC2GIW on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
LarryOffline
Site Admin

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in case it wasn't clear, this is the annual UNYCGP Chrismas/Holiday dinner. We do it every year (although sometimes months later) and it's fun. We have done it in Buffalo in the past. Transit Rd to Henrietta is only 45 minutes (or less). If we're lucky someone from PA will show up!

Last edited by Larry on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
someoneOffline
Supercharged
Total posts: 284

Mark
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can old people show up
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone wrote:
can old people show up

I have a feeling that anyone over 21 is considered old these days in the club. I can't even understand a bunch of the posts with the various lol, ur, 4, etc. that seems to pass for English from people. I feel like I'm in that wireless commercial where the daughter only talks in texting abbreviations.

The holiday parties are great and thanks to Matt for getting this going, especially so early.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: