90k mile service
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Prix FeverOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 789

Galen Vent
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnTheLawnBoy wrote:
I think I averaged 28mpg last week.. Hopefully after the tune up and possibly a CAI install w/ a K&N cone filter, I can get that number up a little higher...

Yeah....The Grand Prix SE is just a litlle heavier then my 96 Lumina i had....I averaged on the highway 33-34mpg goen 75-80mph. God I miss that now that gas is near $4.00/gal. Having a modded L-67 motor isnt necessarily Gas friendly around town. Highway it aint too bad....I still get 29-30mpg w/ it highway. And my Z-34 w. the 3.4DOHC w/ 156K miles and in need of plugs & wires badly still suprisingly gets close to 33mpg on the highway.

-2000 Grand Prix GTP silvermist
-2003 Grand Prix GT redfire metallic
-1991 Grand Prix GTP LQ1/Getrag284 5 speed. Neon blue metallic.
-1999 Regal GSE....SOLD.
JohnTheLawnBoyOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 225

John
2002 Grand Prix SE
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after PCV valve, fuel filter, oil filter, 4 qts 5w-30 (all that took to fill it), tranny filter, and 8 qts tranny fluid...

much smoother shifts!

...that's about all

i gotta get to the plugs and air filter some other time, the shop had to close up...

I thought the 8 qts tranny fluid was quite a bit for just dropping the pan
Grand Prix FeverOffline
Intercooled

Galen Vent
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 qts is about right...thats 2 gallons.....wich is what it takes to refill a 4T65E tranny after dropping the pan.... and the and the 4T60E takes about the same amount of fluid as the 4T65E.
JohnTheLawnBoyOffline
Stunt Driver

John
2002 Grand Prix SE
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found out the CAI doesn't fit for some odd reason... It wasn't going in, I ended up just throwing in a k&n filter in the stock box and picked up a cabin air filter as well, noticed a nice crack in my windshield when replacing that. I still have yet to get the spark plugs in, but I got about 26 mpg as of last night and that was screwing around a little bit a few times...
Grand Prix FeverOffline
Intercooled

Galen Vent
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnTheLawnBoy wrote:
Well, I found out the CAI doesn't fit for some odd reason... It wasn't going in, I ended up just throwing in a k&n filter in the stock box and picked up a cabin air filter as well, noticed a nice crack in my windshield when replacing that. I still have yet to get the spark plugs in, but I got about 26 mpg as of last night and that was screwing around a little bit a few times...

You have to make yer own CAI for the 3100's cause the MAF is in the middle of the intake tubing...unlike the 3800's wich have the MAF up at the throttle body. I have the same situation w/ my Z-34 Monte...the MAF is in the middle of the intake tube (3.4 DOHC intake duct and box is the same exact setup as the 3100 if im not mistaken) ...they do not make a CAI for it......ya gotta custom make one. I also just put a K&N drop in in the stock airbox on the Z-34 cause im too lazy to make my own intake for it rite now lol.
JohnTheLawnBoyOffline
Stunt Driver

John
2002 Grand Prix SE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i figured the box would have still fit in place of the original stock box but that wasn't the case.. then after getting that in i would have used the same duct and put the cone on the end of the MAF, but the box didnt' fit and i'm getting rid of the car next summer/ fall so i figured better off getting it to someone with a use for it...
Grand Prix FeverOffline
Intercooled

Galen Vent
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnTheLawnBoy wrote:
Well i figured the box would have still fit in place of the original stock box but that wasn't the case.. then after getting that in i would have used the same duct and put the cone on the end of the MAF, but the box didnt' fit and i'm getting rid of the car next summer/ fall so i figured better off getting it to someone with a use for it...

Yeah...im not gunna bother making an intake for the Z-34...until it gets an L-67 swap next year (wanna get a little more use out of this 3.4 DOHC first)....then i'll make my own FWI for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: