HAH! 1st One to Post After Mod Day!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seen96Offline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2033

Drag Radials Suck on FWD.
1997 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: HAH! 1st One to Post After Mod Day! Reply with quote

All I got to say is what a fuggin' day...... Rolling Eyes Razz
IC (Ford Cobra coolant resv., frt exchr the size of a engine rad. weight consum. rear expans. tank)
"Certified Auto Trans Shop" Transmission sold by ZZP...I have no comment for this peice of...great trans. Wink
Also,
SLP Headers <--FOR SALE
Eaton's Gen.3 M90
Marino454Offline
Supercharged
Total posts: 300

Marino
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a day is right! Just long and tiring I guess. Just want to let everyone who didn't come know that mod day had a great turnout. 16 cars showed up and it was a blast, until the end of the day of course. Crying or Very sad We had two casualties but on a brighter note, there was a lot of good food and a lot of work got done.

I want to thank everyone for coming. I hope you all had a great time, and it was nice to finally meet everyone. We'll do it again soon.

Marino
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a blast today as well. It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new faces. My hands are really messed up from installing those stinkin trailing arms, but it was a lot of fun.

I feel like utter shit about the two cars that couldn't make it home on their own though. I wish there was something I could have done. Sad I know that they will be back in tip top shape in no time though.

Thanks again Marino for hosting thsi and it was great seeing ya again!
-Sean
tracerprixOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 717

Mike Gorzynski
2005 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had fun to, but I am beat, I just got home @ 1 AM. Thanks again marino that place is awesome. and nice meeting everyone!

Mike
mguzzoOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2863

Michael Guzzo
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh oh! Who were the DOA's?

Let's see: three pulleys, three sets of gages (ok, 2-1/2 since mine didn't get finished), lower intake manifold, control arms, lots o' struts, and a bunch of hamburgers, chips, and beer. Not a bad day.

BTW, all three pulls yesterday were on the same stud! That means the stud on my puller now has about 7 pulls on it <crosses fingers>. So i will need studs from each of the guys who used it yesterday. It's a grade 5 M8 stud, 1 inch long. Or you can buy a grade 5 M8 1 inch bolt and cut the head off.
Pullied, cammed, intercooled. With a kiddie seat. It once ran a 13 flat.
1998 True Green Metallic GTP Sedan (retired)
Stock: 14.33 @ 96.5
PB: 13.89 @ 101 mph
AutumnMarieOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 77

Autumn
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just want to say thank you to Marino for letting us use his garage and for being so patient. I have to say I had a lot of fun even though my car was one of the DOA's. Sad Thanks for everyones help and it was great meeting new people.
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up the day going 1.25 for 3 on mods for my car.

I wanted to do front and rear sway bars and replace my fog light bulb.

I stopped at autozone near my house to find out they didn't open early enough. That ended up being the one mod I did complete, however, stealing the old bulb from Marino's stockers that he swapped for blazertechs. Thanks for getting that little bastard to line up in the socket, Scott P!

The quarter mod was that I was able to start holes for the front stb. Nobody had a big enough drill bit to complete the hole. That should be easy enough to finish. I couldn't do the rear because lazy ass me never picked it up from Mark.

So, I didn't get that much accomplished on my car, but I think I lent a hand almost everywhere.

Good time. Let's do it again.

Nobody collected money for food, etc. that I know of. Does someone (legitimately) want some? Scott?
sab0276Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 921

Scott B
1999 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who else was DOA and why? Are they OK now?

-Scott

1984 Porsche 911 track car
2001 BMW M Roadster 13.5@104
1999 Grand Prix GTP 13.5@102

Scotty MacOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2794

Scott McAvoy
2002 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marino, thanks again for letting us use your place! MUCH appreciated!

The DOAs where Autumn and Jay(from Syr) Jays was the first car to take the long tow truck ride away....they installed gauges on his car, and somehow his alarm system locked up his car and blocked the signal to the starter.
Autumn had alot of help with her car, and expert work from johnny.....her car started right up, but ther was a clicking/misfire....seems to be a rocker was either not seated right, or someone put the wrong rocker/pushrod combo in the wrong order. Unfortunatley johnny didn't have the time to fix the problem, especially since he would have had to taken alot of the engine apart just to get to the back valve cover.

I hope that the DOAs are something simple...I felt horrible by the end of the night, there was just nothing we could do with the short time we had available.
junior1683Offline
Cammed
Total posts: 1315

1999 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys

just wanted to chime in, my car is on its way to the electrician shop to have it worked on..im keeping my fingers crossed its the alarm system, i just want my car back Embarassed

ill let everyone know what happened once i get it back.

and marino, thanks for the ride to the mall, i appreciate it, next year im taking the bus to your shop... Very Happy
AutumnMarieOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 77

Autumn
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car is fixed and running great now. Wohoo to the cylinder not being damaged. One of the rockers was somehow backwards and 3 of the pushrods were out of sequence. Next time I decide I am going to basically pull the whole motor apart I think i'll start a day ahead, make sure I have every tool known to man and have Johnny there to help.
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autumn, I'm soo glad that your car is running great now! I've been there before and it's not the best feeling in the world. So the million dollar question is: Did all that work you guys did yesterday stop your coolant leak? Wink
-Sean
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, I didn't get that much accomplished on my car, but I think I lent a hand almost everywhere

Mike you did 'clean' your supercharger though! Thats a start! Laughing Man, I wish I would have taken a picture of that. Oh, notice my new sig? I thank you for that as well!
-Sean
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoGroceryGetter wrote:
Quote:
So, I didn't get that much accomplished on my car, but I think I lent a hand almost everywhere

Mike you did 'clean' your supercharger though! Thats a start! Laughing Man, I wish I would have taken a picture of that. Oh, notice my new sig? I thank you for that as well!
-Sean

Supercharger? Hell, whole engine bay is now "clean"! In fact, I think that applies to the whole car! My car is now "clean".

Funny part was when I was talking to Scott about how long some product lasts and he said 1 or 2 washes, and I replied "wow, a whole year"!
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autumn...Good to hear the SE is up and running. You got to experience firsthand why Johnny Airbox is a huge asset to our club.

I'm glad everyone had a good time. I helped out with a few different projects on a few different cars. I didn't get my car completely finished, but the parts that are done look pretty nice. I guess I'll have to finish that project over the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: