HAH! 1st One to Post After Mod Day!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tracerprixOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 717

Mike Gorzynski
2005 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autumn, I am glad everything is up and running. I wish we had more time becuase we could have fixed it, well Johnny could have fixed it. I would not give up on doing things yourself.

Mike
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutumnMarie wrote:
My car is fixed and running great now. Wohoo to the cylinder not being damaged. One of the rockers was somehow backwards and 3 of the pushrods were out of sequence. Next time I decide I am going to basically pull the whole motor apart I think i'll start a day ahead, make sure I have every tool known to man and have Johnny there to help.

Next time you decide to pull the motor apart, we are inserting an L36 or L67. Very Happy
redross17Offline
Total posts: 3600

Brian Ross
2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, many thanks to Marino for hosting, and Scott P for organizing this. Also, thanks to John, Mike H, Mike G, Larry, Scott (again), Sean, and anyone I may have forgotten, who helped me out. It was great to meet more of the club, survive some of Mike's Tahou sauce, and upgrade the car all at the same time.

I'm working with Larry to get a few pics up on media.unycgp.com soon....
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes indeed, thank you Marino once again for hosting and thanks also to Scott for the food. Sorry I didn't get to hang much, but my gauges kept me entertained for most of the day, not to mention I was hung over as hell and really tired to begin with. the drive home sucked ass big time Laughing

So, my boost gauge reads 11 just before the shifts at 5800-5900 rpm (actually more than the LS1M) I still can't believe I have that much boost with the 3.4 on, weird. i really need to do a open header run Shocked

Oh, what is normal oil press. and trans temp readings? I get like 160deg tranny temp (on the way home when the tranny warmed up) and like 60 on the oil press. goes down at idle. Is that normal I think?

anyways, the gauges all work thank God, and they look cool to boot. thanks again to Guzzo for the vacumn fitting, although I think I might crazy glue the outside as it's a rather loose connection IMO.

Well, golf starts officially for me this week, so see you guys when I have time Razz
UNYCGP Council of Elders
mark
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont use crazy glue, as it is no where flexable, and after a while it will break apart from engine vibrations and crap.

to keep it flexable, get something called shoe goo, its a flaxable adhesive that is on par with ducttape for fixing things.

regarding the DOA with the alarm...

what exactly happened? did you try and bypass your alarm? someone had the helms manuals on cd or something, alarms are not that difficult to install, and you can bypass/disconnect them pretty easy pending how they were installed...

that must have been an expensive tow Sad
seen96Offline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2033

Drag Radials Suck on FWD.
1997 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! I forgot to thank Marino again...THANK YOU!
Jay I hope your car gets fixed quick and I'm glad to hear that Autumn..your car is fixed, I KNEW it was a rocker....wish we had a few more minutes Embarassed
Oh well....what a great time!
Johnny, how you like my car now? Wink
IC (Ford Cobra coolant resv., frt exchr the size of a engine rad. weight consum. rear expans. tank)
"Certified Auto Trans Shop" Transmission sold by ZZP...I have no comment for this peice of...great trans. Wink
Also,
SLP Headers <--FOR SALE
Eaton's Gen.3 M90
Scotty MacOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2794

Scott McAvoy
2002 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, many thanks to Marino for hosting, and Scott P for organizing this

I guess I don't get any credit for organizing this huh? Crying or Very sad Just kidding by the way!

Autumn, I am glad to see that your car is back running....I told you last night it was nothing major, and with an extra hour or two john would have been able to fix the problem. But next time....no more major gasket replacing!!!!!!!
I also talked to Jay from syracuse today...the other DOA driver, and his car is all back together and running. Seems that everyone was AGAIN right, and it was just 2 blown fuses.....and the reason we couldn't jump it was because the battery had a bad terminal. So for $80 he is back on his way!

I want to thank everyone for coming out to our mod day...I hope everyone had a good time. Unfortunatley I wasn't able to get anything I wnated to get done...but thats because Autozone doesn't know how to update there website and change...Instore product to special order product only!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Again huge thanks to Marino....who after his pulley swap will hopefully join us at the track sometime this year?
Marino454Offline
Supercharged
Total posts: 300

Marino
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on what time everyone usually goes and what time I get out of work I plan on being at the track on Wednesday nights. This is a bad thing though, now that my car is a little faster, I want it to be a lot faster. $$$$ Oh no. hahaha
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks God! I was really mad at myself. I said I'd help replace somthing and didn't do it right. Just tring to help some one and causeing more troble than they started with. Makes you feel like shit.
No exusese but lessonds learned.

#1 DON'T RUSH, especially the home strech!. Take the time to look/check everthing, Before you move on. It takes more time to do shit twice.

#2 (ok this is a excuss) Parts your keeping in order don't let 2-3 people hand them off to each other. Or do a few parts of somthing. Same gose for removeing parts, it's hard to remember how/where the little parts were, when somone else took them off. So I guess a leson would be more help isn't better.
Looking back it was a sketchy situation. That wasn't the way, and time do remove the top of a motor.

I forgot, Thanks Marino for the mod day. And the GPS

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
junior1683Offline
Cammed
Total posts: 1315

1999 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im home! even thought my POS gave me issues, i had lots of fun! Very Happy
jkicakOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 149

john kicak
2006 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks marino. was fun to meet new people, help rootcanal do his plugs/stat and watch people do some mods...
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Autum, did the coolent leak get fixed? Rolling Eyes
AutumnMarieOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 77

Autumn
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it looks like it did indeed fix the leak. Next I have to change my ignition cylinder. Compared to the gaskets that should be cake. Laughing
Mike TOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 10

Mike Terrana
2002 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: thanks.... Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the DOA's......Jay did you ever figure out your tranny temp sensor problem ?

Marino thanks again for having us all there and Scott for organizing, it was great to finally meet all you guys and put some faces to the posts. After talking to you guys I just gave in today and ordered the MSP brackets for the blazertechs, Evil or Very Mad .

Seeing all those superchargers kidda left me with some "p" envy Surprised ...... but some damn nice cars i have to say.
junior1683Offline
Cammed
Total posts: 1315

1999 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no clue what was wrong with the tranny gauge, scotty and i r gonna try to re-wire everything and see if it works, if not ill ditch it and get a diff gauge..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: