HAH! 1st One to Post After Mod Day!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume everyone is healthy after the food? No poisoning from undercooked food? I only droppped a few on the ground. I did my best to wipe them off. Very Happy
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott P wrote:
I assume everyone is healthy after the food? No poisoning from undercooked food? I only droppped a few on the ground. I did my best to wipe them off. Very Happy

Is Marcia going to be able to get the grease stains off the underarms of your shirt?
GTP98Offline
Street Slicks
Total posts: 1787

Jay
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I had to drive to Springfeild Illonios for work on sunday and back yestureday. Im deffenitly sick of driving (almost 11 hours one way). Hoep to see all of you soon.

Jay
RootCanal05Offline
Supercharged
Total posts: 308

Endodontist
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again marino for hosting mod day. Couldn't ask for a better place. Thanks to those that helped me with the pully, plugs, and stat and lending your tools.

As for my gatorback belt not fitting...........I'm NOT the only one. Actually another member had the same problem I had but he said PFYC sent him the wrong one. I asked if it were a 660, he said "yup." I'm confused? The belt that was sent to me is 4060660 6PK1675. It SHOULD have fit. Marino's fit, the guy with the 04 GP had not probs. Any ideas?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we safely assume that you were threading it around the proper pulleys in the correct fashion?
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike H wrote:
Can we safely assume that you were threading it around the proper pulleys in the correct fashion?

Not hard to do since it took three L36 owners to install the belt on Sean's car. Laughing
xmgtpboyOffline
Total posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to Marino for providing us shelter from the rain. I had a great time, also thanks to Mike and scott and anyone else for letting me borrow some tools, next time I won't, as my friend put it "Come to surgery without a scalpel" or something like that. Well everthing went well with the KYB & Springtech install except for the fact that I should have bought and installed some adjustable camber bolt kits before in did everything else, now I have to spend friday uninstalling and reinstalling the new bolts to get the car adjusted Crying or Very sad, oh well. It was great to finally put a face to the posts and I will be to more of these I promise. Also for all the people who wanted to know where I got the LED's for my door handles from heres the site http://www.led-lights.co.uk/led-blue.htm the part number you want to get is YM-BV5S15Y E-mail the guy to get the exact price and shipping cost before ordering. Thanks again for everyone who helped me out along the way.
mguzzoOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2863

Michael Guzzo
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike H wrote:

no, his tensioner was way out even with the stock belt on. Normally when you release the tensioner the stock belt slips right off but even the stock belt was hard to get on and off.
Pullied, cammed, intercooled. With a kiddie seat. It once ran a 13 flat.
1998 True Green Metallic GTP Sedan (retired)
Stock: 14.33 @ 96.5
PB: 13.89 @ 101 mph
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the stock belt was tight, Then there a good chance. the pullies arn't the stock size. Somone replaced at least one with a larger one.

of topic but. I'm know running a bigger tencioer pulley. 3.5 smooth over the stock 3inch. I think thats 76mm to a 101mm on the box? And a smaller idler (on the coil braket) So the belt isn't parelle anymore, to/form the SC. It almost touches, but seams to work good. Thats with the big 3.1 pulley once I get some time to drive the car. I'll put the 3.0 and 2.8 on and get over 10 PSI WOT LOL. I'll have to see if the belt will still not rub on it'self then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: