May 15th-16th event?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks
Total posts: 2370

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: May 15th-16th event? Reply with quote

OK, I hear talk of a poker run soon, but on the calendar it says there is supposed to be a Buffalo meet on the 15th. My wife is out of town that Sat/Sun Twisted Evil and I'm planning on doing something. I'd really like to go to either NYIRP or Thompson Dragraceway in OH on the 15th though as the next 2 weekends after that are already shot for me Crying or Very sad

Thompson is supposed to be real nice facility -
http://www.thompsondragraceway.com/index.html
and I've been in contact with 2 Erie GTP owners who might go out (I'm trying to get them to join here) I's only about 30-40 min from Erie, so for you Buffalo guys it's about 2 hr drive, not bad.

Anyone want to make a race trip to OH? Very Happy
UNYCGP Council of Elders
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a possibility.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy from Erie confirmed that they are going to Thompson this Saturday, so what's the deal guys? IS there a Buffalo meet? Anyone want to go to Thompson in OH? Anyone going to NYIRP Saturday?
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a ways out, but weather.com is predicting scattered thundershowers for thompson, OH on sat.

OT: at that track, june 19-20 "star boyz" I believe they are a motorcycle stunt team. They do some sick stuff on bikes.
Cary CitroOffline
Drag Slicks

Better living with drugs
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I'm taking it that there is no planned event for this weekend. OK, perhaps I'll just hang home and golf both days Cool
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be modding the MG on Saturday and getting it ready for the car show. I have four chrome wheels to polish and a lot of paint conditioning to do. Plus, I have a few details to squeeze in for side cash. This is going to be a busy month.
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be available if something is going on in Buffalo on Saturday. I'm planning on Autocrossing in Buffalo on Sunday.
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Buffalo Meet... Reply with quote

Guys, This Saturday I have to go to my sister graduation at Buffalo State. I still would love to have a meet. If you want to do something later say around 5pm, I'm down. I'm thinking we can all cruise up to one of the local parks here and have a BBQ and beer picnic or something? Then we can tear up the night life of downtown Buffalo and go cruising down the Blvd. Let me know if you guys want to have a late meet and I'll get the ball rolling.

As far as the Poker Run, I'm thinking that could be coordinated between the Rochester and Buffalo guys sometime later this summer. I'm going to need help from the Rachacha guys for the beer/card stops. I have Buffalo all planned out!
-Sean
Scotty MacOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2794

Scott McAvoy
2002 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A later BBQ meet sounds good to me!! Depends on everyone else though?
We can all hit up the track on Saturday if anyone wants to?
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry, I want to autoX this year. I have stock suspention so I shouldn't get weighted that bad. But I want to have fun more then anything. And get seat time. Somthing I wanted to do last year but I never did.
I was thinking tho, the diff in my car is still nice and fresh. And exiting corners as fast as I can, I'll really have to be easy. Even if I don't spin the tires at all. The dif is still letting the inside wheel go slower. So I'll be wearijg the clutches out. Maybe I'll wait to got to NYI a few times with the DR's while it's still fresh? But dougs lasted what 2 burouts...I'll have to let you know soon, what do you think?

As for a picnic I'm down for that. I finally have my car. And Theres some poeple in Buffalo I want to destroy...
cough.... shawn E...

So bring your camera Sean. I don't wnat this like some other meets were everyone drives like idiots. speeding 60 down transit runing red lights. 20 GP's changing lanes at the last min. It's not like we stand out if we ever passed a cop Rolling Eyes
But we'll have fun.

Scott, brad..... if you wnat to leave your car at my house you can. And others if I have room.
LarryOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2201

Larry H.
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLR Autocross Schedule:

http://www.flr-scca.com/solo/schedule.html

John, I'll post this here in case anyone else is interested. It's still early in the season and it's a good time to get involved with SoloII (autocross). The local chapter (FLR SCCA) is hosting a Novice School on Sat, June 12th. Let me know if you are interested and I'll help you register. There are limited slots so let me know ASAP. I did the school last year and thought it was great. I got to practice on a full course, get classroom instruction, practice the basics over and over again in my car with an instructor and then see how I improved at the end of the day. It's only $35. You get to find the limits of your car, but more importantly, be a better drive on the track. Of course, you might think of it as beating on your car all day, but obviously not enough to bother me, if that means anything. Very Happy

On the day of an event, you have to basically commit the whole morning and afternoon. And there is some minor car prep. But racing on the track is awesome!

I'm going to try and race at the WNY (http://www.wny-scca.com) event at ECC this Sunday (which is also an FLR out-of-region event). Anyone can go to watch/race, but let me know if you're interested so I can help you get ready.
GTP98Offline
Street Slicks
Total posts: 1787

Jay
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im deffenitly up for a meet on saturday. I finally have a full weekend that im free. Lets get the ball rolling, anyone have some ideas for the BBQ and where it could be held? We have Chestnut Ridge, Niwonda Park (sp?), Emery Park, ect... those are just a few. Maybe see if we could set up a cruise around the area with a few peeps from UBRF??

Jay
NoGroceryGetterOffline
Cammed
Total posts: 1118

Sean
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, I was thinking Emery Park. Nice big lots to park in and some cool places to hang out in.
-Sean
DougOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 804

Doug McKeown
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
Doug's what lasted 2 burnouts? My LSD is fine in my 01, and I got alot more then 2 burnouts out of my 98's LSD Smile As a matter of a fact, I did 2 small burnouts in my driveway last week with my 98 and both times left 2 patches. Jason came by and saw them and asked me what the hell I had been up to with the 98!
1969 Firebird convertible 455 FUN
GTP98Offline
Street Slicks
Total posts: 1787

Jay
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoGroceryGetter wrote:
Jay, I was thinking Emery Park. Nice big lots to park in and some cool places to hang out in.
-Sean

Yea Sean Emery is a good place to pick, plus its right off the 400 so its easy to get there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: