HI YO SILVER AWAAAYY!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Welcome to UNYCGP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 68

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: HI YO SILVER AWAAAYY!!! Reply with quote

No I'm not the Lone Ranger.

That's the best I could come up with as a name for my 2008 GP. It's silver - Duh. It's my first GP but I've had a 74 Firebird 350, 1983 Chevy Cavalier Hatchback.

Wife has had a Skamp, Century, 83 Ford Futura (gutless wonder there).

Together we have bought a 1987 Chevy Eurosport, 2000 Pontiac 6000.

Currently we daily drive a 1994 Dakota Pickup, 2008 GP, and the offspring drives a 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager at university.

I've met Big Man Andy this past summer, and have had several conversations with Palermocorey90. In fact Corey is texting me at the moment - hang on -

Okay back. Where was I? Oh yeah!

I'm in my late 40's - been married 22 years to the love of my life.
Have one child - in college.
Own my own house in Owego.
Worked in the Printed Circuit Industry since I was 19. Mostly in engineering roles.

Grew up in Erin, NY (Home of the famous St. Patrick's Day Postal Cancellation stamps) and graduated from Horseheads High School in 1980.
Majored in BOCES - Technical Mechanical Design & Construction.

I moonlight as a DJ so if any of you yahoos are throwing a party and want a mature responsible adult to provide the tunes, give me a shout and I'll see if I can find such a creature. J/K

Let the shenanigans commence.

Near Future Mods - SPO spoiler, Painted engine cover. Confused

Wish List: Chrome wheels, dual cat-back, window tint, custom hood, custom paint, custom chicklets,
trunk lid mounted speakers and LCD screen, DVD head unit with nav.
Shocked
mguzzoOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2863

Michael Guzzo
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mature responsible adult

oh great, like we need another one of *those* around here...

Welcome to the board!
Pullied, cammed, intercooled. With a kiddie seat. It once ran a 13 flat.
1998 True Green Metallic GTP Sedan (retired)
Stock: 14.33 @ 96.5
PB: 13.89 @ 101 mph
PalermoCorey90Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 811

2007 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again welcome, as i was telling you.the site is full of 3800 guru's that can build some pretty mean 3800s like Sams(beyondpersion03's) Turbo regal. built by Dave same person that built my regal.to the smart asses. there all a great bunch of guys. just wait till summer for the picnic.
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone say "picnic"?
PalermoCorey90Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 811

2007 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupp. you have a yearly picnic at letchworth (sp) state park

http://forum.unycgp.com/unycgp/viewtopic.php?t=6826

^ thats from last year

i make my baller baked ziti, which is normally a pretty big hit with the guys.
usmcz28Offline
Cammed
Total posts: 1444

Rick
2001 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you graduated highschool when I was being spat out of my moms vagina! Damn you're old...................Hey but welcome and enjoy the Shenanigans.
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 808

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

I travelled to Owego many times this summer, when we were racing at the new 1/2mi oval (ShangriLa 2) next to the Skyview dragstrip. We spent many hours before the races, with our spotter's binoculars, looking up in the stands at all the "Owego 7's" we could find (have to lower the standards, but they're pretty hot once you do). Wink Laughing

Haven't frequented the local beverage distributers there yet, only the Motel across from the old racetrack... any suggestions for after this winter's banquet? Cool

- Dave
1998 Daytona GTP #838 - I/C*d MP112 L26 - Rust in Peace, engine saved
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotel across from old track...

OH! The Deepwell! Oh man.... there are WAY better places than that.

I DJ at the Rainbow Trail on North Ave. That's the way north outta town (Rte96N Rte38N) - with the railroad underpass. The Rainbow is on corner right before you go under the railroad.

Rainbow = Prettiest bartenders in town. DJ's every Friday and Saturday nights. Not me tho...I only do Team Trivia on Thursdays (used do the night club thing but I'm too old for that crap anymore)

I was wondering if anyone had gone to the Skyview drags. You are a circletrack nut?
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 808

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most here won't end up at SkyView since it's only 1/8th. My dad & uncle brought our drag ATV there years back for an event.

Yup, ovals are my deal, in many vehicle formats. Between the horsepower, competition, communication, fabrication, camaraderie, pressure, improvising, and other things involved, it's an awesome deal to be involved with. Big expansion on the limited things most "car people" are into getting from their vehicles.

Might have to get out there if we do another double-race weekend at SL2 & Chemung. Andyes, it was the Deepwell!!! Laughing We're not picky when stuffing a whole crew in 1-2 rooms for as cheap as possible... gotta save money for the 30-packs.

- Dave
BigManAndyOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 174

Andy
2005 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bout time you joined up!!

Welcome aboard buddy!

Our little meet up was fun, good thing WAMPSVILLE was having a car show that day. Very Happy
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMA!!! Yeah WAMPSVILLE saved the day.

I wouldn't mind planning a little sojourn to that show next year. Plan it ahead enough to have Corey and others meet up there. It seemed to be more of an antique or classic car show than a custom street rod meet. Of course there were plenty of rods there. Just more of a classic feel to it.

If we get there early enough we might be able to park on pavement and not hay stubble. LOL

There is a street rod show near my house (less than a mile away) every year put on by a local club. A place called Hickories here in Owego.

There is also a weekly cruise-in at the Wal*Mart in Vestal, NY on Saturday PM's.
BigManAndyOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 174

Andy
2005 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea we should plan something like that. I was totally blown away with the size of that show for being pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Our parking spot was awful, all those dips in the ground, GP's don't like off roading too much. Very Happy

Some beautiful cars too, like you said most were restored classics, but aint nothing wrong with that!!! Only a couple totally custom jobs cruisin around that day.

After cruising through Owego that day for work, its really not a bad drive from there, and the other way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Welcome to UNYCGP All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: