2009 Post-Holiday Dinner - Jan 16th, 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigEd88Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 704

Ed Green
2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah saw it, was stuck in traffic for a half hour or more before they started letting people buy. Car was mangled and burned for awhile it looked like.

Brian, guess I was right when I guessed it was a blazer!

ECMC is a long way from there, but in an ambulance with open highway probably pretty quick.
T-DubyaOffline
Back Seat Driver
Total posts: 68

T-Daddy
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose some of the "awkwardness" could have been avoided if I had checked this thread right before leaving the house. I had intended to but my niece and nephew stopped by unexpectedly and my wife arrived home shortly thereafter and by the time we all said our "see-ya's" it was too late.

As it was, Andy and I had made each other's acquaintance last September at Sylvan Beach, so we knew each other. We were both early.

The hostess' didn't know anything about any Grand Prix club and I couldn't for the life of me give them a name. It wasn't until we had been at the bar for at least an hour before I found out they did take reservations. D'OH!

About that time I had the brilliant idea to phone Palermocorey90 and ask what the name was who organized the shingdig. He gave me Dave's name although what he said and what I heard was not exactly the same thing. All I could make out was an Italian sounding name. Anyhoo. I tried Dave's name at the front desk and still got nothing. So Andy and I decided to just order. A few moments later and Corey called and described where Larry had told him they were sitting. I stood up and turned around and BAM! There they were. Pretty much done eating.

Quick intros and then Andy and I ordered and ate. Looking at the table, it was obvious there would've been NO room for us two and with the noise of the New Orleans game on every flaming TV in the place, conversation would've been limited at the least.

Food was fairly good, with portion and price reasonable. Larry and Ed came up and we had a nice chat before our food came.

Afterwards we all moseyed out to the parking lot. I was hoping that Andy and my silvers would be the anchor for the rest to park near and I was not disappointed. The other cars were neat to see, although it was F'ing cold and dark besides.

Although I didn't really get a chance to meet and chat with everyone else, I hope this summer's get together will provide me an opportunity to do so.

Near Future Mods - SPO spoiler, Painted engine cover. Confused

Wish List: Chrome wheels, dual cat-back, window tint, custom hood, custom paint, custom chicklets,
trunk lid mounted speakers and LCD screen, DVD head unit with nav.
Shocked
BigManAndyOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 174

Andy
2005 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen brother!! You nailed it!

Good thing you and I already knew each other.
dezldave961Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 808

Dave P.
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we've all had our say on that little snafu, I guess it's time to move forward with the fun-tivities.

I think the next time we will have a chance to meet, will probably be one of the opening weekends at NYIRP dragway in a couple months. It'll be a nice chance for everyone to hang out in a little warmer weather, with something to actually do... and gives a soft deadline for everyone to complete what they can on their off-season work, to start shaking it down.

Either tomorrow or Monday I'll find out when I will be leaving for Texas (AF basic, then technical training), but it doesn't sound like it'll be until about May, we'll see. That'd make Sam happy, because we just brought back some shiny toys from Boston to push that Regal even harder before I go.

See you guys in a few months, hopefully.

- Dave
1998 Daytona GTP #838 - I/C*d MP112 L26 - Rust in Peace, engine saved
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: