Log Cabin, 31F in Macedon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike HOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 4243

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Log Cabin, 31F in Macedon Reply with quote

I'm told that last night was a small turn out. There were about 50 bikes and 250 cars.

Everything from a Boss Hoss bike ( GM 350 CI engine!) to hot rods to ricer imports.

There was a Steeda Mustang there, and I wanted to see if it was Dr. Dave, but I didn't see the owner until he left, and it was an older grey haired gentleman.

Everyone did (or tried to do) a burnout on the way out of there, which I guess the cops put a stop to later in the season.

There were several cars with hydraulics, including a grand am with the plate "slamd am". Pretty interesting. There was a truck that dropped so low it dragged its rear bumper across the parking lot.

Preston - there was a guy there selling cleaning tools (buffing pads and such) from his RV, but I didn't notice any products. You may want to look into that.

You should all consider the nice little drive out to Macedon some Wednesday night, if you don't feel like going to the track.
Scott POffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3173

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got roller hockey on Wednesday nights, so unless we have a week off or a late game, it would be tough to make the drive over there. If I go, I'll drag Marcia and her MG down there so I have something to show. Smile

Last edited by Scott P on Thu May 20, 2004 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
BenFelt34091
Back Seat Driver
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Log Cabin, 31F in Macedon Reply with quote

Mike H wrote:
I'm told that last night was a small turn out. There were about 50 bikes and 250 cars.

Everything from a Boss Hoss bike ( GM 350 CI engine!) to hot rods to ricer imports.

There was a Steeda Mustang there, and I wanted to see if it was Dr. Dave, but I didn't see the owner until he left, and it was an older grey haired gentleman.

Everyone did (or tried to do) a burnout on the way out of there, which I guess the cops put a stop to later in the season.

There were several cars with hydraulics, including a grand am with the plate "slamd am". Pretty interesting. There was a truck that dropped so low it dragged its rear bumper across the parking lot.

Preston - there was a guy there selling cleaning tools (buffing pads and such) from his RV, but I didn't notice any products. You may want to look into that.

You should all consider the nice little drive out to Macedon some Wednesday night, if you don't feel like going to the track.

Mike, I'm not trying to flame you but I wanted to say a couple of things.

1. Shouldn't this belong in the off topic discussion forum?

2. I realize you have an obsession with "bikes" but this is a Grand Prix forum, can you please refrain from posting about "bikes"?

Thanks in advance!
Scott POffline
Top Dog

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben,

Let's try not to tell people what they can or can't say and where they should post. Mike was suggesting that club members should head out to this event. That's good enough for me.

Also, if he wants to mention bikes, then why shouldn't he? This may be a Grand Prix group, but we have Monte Carlo and Regal owners here as well. Would you like them to stop posting? Mike owns a GTP (albeit a dirty one Very Happy ) and also has a bike. If he wants to tell us about the other nice cars and bikes at the show, then good for him.

If this forum did nothing but talk about Grand Prixs, it would be very boring. After a while, you can only say so much about mods, racing, show, etc. The majority of us are enthusiasts who like vehicles in general. We aren't going to limit ourselves to discussions about front wheel drive family cars that just happen to be able to run fast.

Scott P
Mike HOffline
Top Dog

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Log Cabin, 31F in Macedon Reply with quote

BenFelt34091 wrote:

Mike, I'm not trying to flame you but I wanted to say a couple of things.

1. Shouldn't this belong in the off topic discussion forum?

2. I realize you have an obsession with "bikes" but this is a Grand Prix forum, can you please refrain from posting about "bikes"?

Thanks in advance!

1 - No, because it would make for a great club meet, as I pointed out.

2 - I used the word "bike" twice in that post, both times in sentences talking about cars as well. I'm sorry that offends you. I didn't not intend to offend anyone. I simply wanted to point out the other attractions at the meet and demonstrate that there was significant variety in the non-GP vehicles present, as some member of this local club have interests outside the GP world.
BenFelt34091
Back Seat Driver
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look partner, I am not trying to start an argument with you. It appears that you post alot of stuff and useless comments about "bikes" more than you talk about Grand Prix's. If we go back and look at your previous posts I believe that we will find an inordinate amount of posts where you mention something about "bikes". I'm just saying that there must be a "bike" forum for you to go and talk about that stuff on. Please do so because I am a little tired about hearing about "bikes", since this is a Grand Prix forum. Again, not trying to argue but just expressing my thoughts. Have a nice day.
Mike HOffline
Top Dog

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partner?
Scott POffline
Top Dog

Like, duh.
2006 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you are looking to start an arguement. As both Mike and I have said. Most of us have interests outside the GP world. This is a group of friends that met because we happen to own Grand Prix's (and Monte Carlos and Regals and other vehicles). We use this forum as a means to communicate with each other. If someone wants to post about a nice bike, car, house, garage, etc, they have a right to.

If you don't want to hear about Mike's bike, my wax, Barton's M, Brad's F-body, Mark's R/C cars, Sean H's closet, etc. then you are going to have very little reading to do.

Leave moderation of forum content ot the moderators.

Thanks,

Scott P
bpipe95Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 982

Brad
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since i did not post if a few days, since i am sick and really board i will post now.

just to let every on know the TA is chillin in the garage wishing i would put the new clutch in and get it on the road.

also the harley is awating a new seat and new handle bars.

just an update for ya Laughing
sab0276Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 921

Scott B
1999 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Ben was trying to start an argument or anything. I just think he used the wrong example and wrong thread to point out that Mike (and most of the rest of us, myself especially), do post a lot of Non-GP related stuff under the General section.

We really should try to limit the OT stuff a little more, but certanly not outright.

The General section is really to discuss anything related to OUR Grand Prix community. Because we are a fairly tight knit club, a lot of us have become really close friends. As such, when a member talks about stuff that is important to him, other members in our community usually will want to read about it, even if it isn't specifically Grand Prix related.

The off-topic forum should be used for things that aren't specifically Grand Prix related or related to our local community. The Club Events, Mod & Upgrade sections, etc, should certainly be kept Grand Prix only specifically.

Mike's post about us having a meet at the Log Cabin is certainly on-topic. We as a Grand Prix Club can drive our Grand Prix's (and Monte Carlo's, Regal's, Firebird's, BMW's, MG's, Motorcycle's, etc) to the Log Cabin and show off our cars and also hang out with each other and take a look at other cool cars and bikes. Sounds like a cool club event to me.

UNYCGP is more than being just about Grand Prix's. It's about our member's, who have become our friends, even if they do have other hobbies and interests other than Grand Prix's.

This is why many member's who no longer have Grand Prix's (or in Brad's case, never did), or have moved on to other things, still remain active in UNYCGP, and continue to be a great asset to the club.

-Scott

1984 Porsche 911 track car
2001 BMW M Roadster 13.5@104
1999 Grand Prix GTP 13.5@102

bpipe95Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 982

Brad
2007 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you just say i was a great asset... heheheh

i have moved up in ranks from the adopted bastard child
Laughing Laughing Razz Twisted Evil

scott you always seem to say the right thing.

if i remember right ben does not even have a GP any more, right?
bluto2000gsOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 3300

Carl
1996 Other Car
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speakin of bikes I have a Huffy Alpine Smile
It has 12 speeds, and a water bottle holder. Its just the holder I lost the water bottle. Cool
studderinOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 6272

John Csotello
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben ans Sab are right.

ps mikeH my bike is faster than yours

01z28, M6 NA, mullet, T tops, siqqqq
Mike HOffline
Top Dog

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny airbox wrote:

ps mikeH my bike is faster than yours

LOL

and precisely what do you think Ben is right about?
mguzzoOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 2863

Michael Guzzo
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

two wheels is a bike
three wheels is a trike
a fish can be a pike
channel 62 is spike
I'm not a psych-
o
Pullied, cammed, intercooled. With a kiddie seat. It once ran a 13 flat.
1998 True Green Metallic GTP Sedan (retired)
Stock: 14.33 @ 96.5
PB: 13.89 @ 101 mph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: