F/S - 2008 G8 GT - MGM - 26k miles - $21k obo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NY GTPOffline
Intercooled
Total posts: 967

Rich Boddy
1997 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: F/S - 2008 G8 GT - MGM - 26k miles - $21k obo Reply with quote

I've decided to try and part ways with the G8. I've been wanting another F-body for a while now, and after test driving an 02 SS M6 the other day that a dealer wanted too much for and is refusing to budge on in price, I'm going to try and sell it outright on the open market and find something cheaper on LS1tech or something. I just have a nasty desire to have t-tops and a 6 speed now.

Car is located in Rochester NY, 14616. It was previously a rental from I believe Avis, and then a dealership in Ohio ended up with it. I bought it from them and they had 2 drivers drive it up here to me on 12/14/08. I have daily driven it since that day as my only personal vehicle. Which means it has seen 2 winters throughout my ownership. I took it through the touchless laserwash religiously every 2 weeks, sometimes weekly if weather permitted, where it got a full underbody spray. The underside is still very clean due to this.

It was also in a minor front end collision. At this time I decided to do the GXP nose conversion. All of the body work was done at a well known Geico authorized collision center. New hood and nose piece were installed, and the fenders blended. I had them keep the GM chiclets off so I could put on V8 badges in their place. This was done in the middle of September 09. ALSO, the car did get rubbed up against by someone in the work parking garage, leaving a good rash on the front bumper, I found out who did it and got a quote to get it fixed, which came to $430. The kid who hit the car cut me a check for that amount, I just haven't had a chance to get it fixed yet. I'm having a kid next month and I was going to get it painted while I was out of work for the week when he arrives. It's not too bad of a rash, it's noticeable but it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. I will get pics of that tomorrow.

Before that, in July, my motor suffered from hydrolock while on vacation in Florida caused by the NEP OTR intake that at the time was not modified to prevent water accumulation. The car was repaired at a dealership in Fort Pierce FL and eventually driven back home. There was a thread on here about it that went a few pages. Needless to say, they did excellent work bringing it back to life, and it was good as new. After I got the car home, I took the car to NEP and they modified the intake for me, drilling the hole in the bottom of the intake as well as providing a new bellows that angled the intake to prevent water from gathering in the rear of the intake. Prior to that being done, the motor would stutter a bit after going through the car wash, which at the time was due to water getting in the intake without me knowing. Now when I take it through the same car wash, I get no adverse effects, so I know the modifications did the trick.

Only mods are the NEP intake, HSRK, and an X-pipe in place of the resonators, going back to two Thrush turbo mufflers. Car sounds great, not too loud and very little drone. I personally wouldn't mind it a bit louder, but it gets the job done and everyone says it sounds great, so I'm happy. I had an NEP tune in it, but that was removed yesterday since I'm trying to sell the car, and incase the dealer calls and wants to work on the SS with me. I also have 35% tint installed all around and 35w 6000k HID's from Jettstream. Brand new tires were just installed on 4/10/09, Avid W4S summer performance tires in stock sizes, and I also have Dunlop WinterSport M3 tires in 235/45 to go with the car if you want to winter drive it. Those Dunlops were fantastic in everything I put them through and I LOVED driving this car through the winter, it was a blast!

So, there you have it. I am open to fair offers. Car does have a lien on it, so getting that taken care of would come in to play, just to throw that out there. I'm looking to move ASAP, as there is a certain SS on LS1tech that I'm ready to pull the trigger on as soon as I can get the G8 sold. So if anyone knows someone looking for a nice car for a decent price, here's your chance! I am willing to drive the car to meet someone, probably up to 150 miles or so, which would be around Erie PA heading west and outside of Albany heading east. I'd also be willing to work with someone to ship the car at their cost. I'm a pretty flexible guy and if it means selling the car quick, I'll help out where I can. Also, I should mention that the warranty is still good until April 2011.

That should be it. Here are a few pics from last year before I had the lower lip piece for the clip installed, and also it was missing a pass side fog bezel, both of which are now installed. I will also try to get some interior pics tomorrow. If anyone wants to see anything in particular, let me know! We have some nice weather here now so it shouldn't be a problem getting something.

2000 NBM Z28 | SLP lid | Ebay LT's w/ TSP ORY | Magnaflow catback | New Era tune | Pro 5.0 | Monster Stage2 and Tick master | BMR springs/Bilstein HD's | Spohn Adj. LCA/Panhard | Fast Toys ram-air | !EGR, !AIR
12.87 @ 110 - 1.97 60'''' - 336whp/352wtq
KC2GIWOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 5563

Matt Antonio
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the real reason is money, you'll be sorry you did this. Take my word for it.

THat's all Imma say.
02 Black Z06. All work done by New Era Perforamnce. 519/497 at the rear, 3100 lbs.
05 Arctic Cat Firecat F7 - Sold
07 Arctic Cat F8 Sno Pro - Smashed into 1000 orange pieces.
gpkid16Offline
Intercooled
Total posts: 581

Chris Battaglia
2000 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC2GIW wrote:
Unless the real reason is money, you'll be sorry you did this. Take my word for it.

THat's all Imma say.

He knows what he's getting into if he used to own one. Uncomfortable, rough ride, rattle box, blah blah. Don't listen to the king of luxury and F-body hatred.

Good luck with the sale. T-tops out and mullet in the wind FTW.
Intercooled
Total posts: 541

Sal
2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,
Congrats on the new kid....you're first?

Good luck on the sale, hope you get the car you want.

Sal
NY GTPOffline
Intercooled

Rich Boddy
1997 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm kinda bored with the G8. It's a nice car but it's just too nice I guess. I don't mind the close quarters, the noises, rattles, shakes, and everything else that goes along with owning an F-body. I feel like I want something crude again, something that'll wake me up in the morning on the way to work. Something that will make me enjoy driving. The G8 is nice to drive, it's got good power and killer looks, but it just isn't "me" I guess. A 4th gen won't be nearly as practical, but I'm willing to sacrifice that. I test fit a car seat in one over the weekend and it fit nicely, and that's all I care about lol. We have an SUV for everything else Wink

And thanks Sal, yes he will be our first. Due date is May 29th and we're both getting super excited. I cant wait!
Black98GTOffline
Supercharged
Total posts: 284

Steve Boddy
1998 Grand Prix GT
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had fun driving it,once...to 80.. Laughing
beyondprecision03Offline
Supercharged
Total posts: 411

Sam
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you drive this car in the winter?
GTP98Offline
Street Slicks
Total posts: 1787

Jay
1998 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What work was done for the hydrolock?
KC2GIWOffline
Top Dog
Total posts: 5563

Matt Antonio
1998 Grand Prix GTX
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: F/S - 2008 G8 GT - MGM - 26k miles - $21k obo Reply with quote

beyondprecision03 wrote:
did you drive this car in the winter?

NY GTP wrote:
I also have Dunlop WinterSport M3 tires in 235/45 to go with the car if you want to winter drive it. Those Dunlops were fantastic in everything I put them through and I LOVED driving this car through the winter, it was a blast!
NY GTPOffline
Intercooled

Rich Boddy
1997 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol thanks Matt. I also put in there..

"Which means it has seen 2 winters throughout my ownership. I took it through the touchless laserwash religiously every 2 weeks, sometimes weekly if weather permitted, where it got a full underbody spray. The underside is still very clean due to this."

Hope this helps Wink

Jay, the number 7 cylinder took the water, everything else in the motor was good after inspection. They had the crank checked by a local machine shop and that was in spec with no damages. So basically it got a new #7 piston/rod assembly, and the motor was overhauled with new gaskets and everything for reassembly. I still have all the paperwork from the dealership showing what they did. Car ran strong as ever after the rebuild, I even raced a C5 vert with at least an exhaust on the way back from FL and I pulled on it, and that was without the NEP tune. I think the rebuild was about 6k miles ago give or take a little, and you still wouldn't know anything happened.
beyondprecision03Offline
Supercharged

Sam
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt get a chance to read all of it so i knew someone would either tell me or point it out on here haha
NY GTPOffline
Intercooled

Rich Boddy
1997 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. So, I've gotta ask, did you inquire about the winters because you might be interested?
beyondprecision03Offline
Supercharged

Sam
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna be in the market for an LSx car soon since im demoding the regal, iv been thinking about a c5 or GTO or g8 gt but even the thought of a sports car seeing 1 snow flake terrify's me. i know washing it regularly helps but i washed my monte 2-3x a week and it still had some surface rust
NY GTPOffline
Intercooled

Rich Boddy
1997 Grand Prix GTP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you want to check it out for yourself sometime, let me know and we could meet up somewhere. My friend has parents-in-law in Morrisville so we could meet up somewhere in town there, we could bring his kid and let his mother in law watch him for a bit while we meet up, they always love having their grandson out there so it'd work out for both of us.

The only spots of surface that I could find were on on the front subframe I believe, but that's something that would occur from just rain alone. The rest of the underbody is clean as could be for a daily driver.
beyondprecision03Offline
Supercharged

Sam
2004 Regal GS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well everything is still on my car at this current time so im nowhere close to buying anything right now but if you still have it in about a month or 2 we'll see whats up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: