Issues...I have them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightryderOffline
Stunt Driver
Total posts: 156

John
2001 Impala
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Issues...I have them Reply with quote

I'm working on getting the Imp ready for tuning. It is topswapped 3.4 pulley with an XP cam, 42.5# injectors, ZZP fullsize IC, ZZP headers, N*/LQ4, ported heads/LIM/blower, AL 103's gapped at .055.

I have made the following changes (using HPT):

-LQ4 MAF table
-IFR for 42.5# injectors
-Raised the idle
-Engine torque management removed
-L67 High octane spark table
-Trans settings modified for 3.29 gears
-180* fan settings (which don't seem to work)
-EVAP, EGR, Secondary AIR codes set to no report (not all of them just the ones that have presented themselves in the past few scans...I can look them up if they're needed)
-P0300 set to no MIL light
-P0420 set to no report (didn't trigger the CEL, just figured I would disable it right away)

It seems to drive fine...plenty of power, no bogging, smoothish idle. I haven't gotten it into boost (still have stock L36 PE) maybe a max of 20% TPS.

My problem is that my POS LC-1 WB was showing a 13.7 AFR at idle but for some reason now it's showing full rich and no matter what I do I can't get the bastard to show anything else. I've re-calibrated it twice, no change. I had a pretty decent sized exhaust leak at the DP (after NB O2, before WB O2) and it still read full rich. I fixed the leak and it still doesn't work. So I don't trust it's readings at all....I have an email into support about it.

My scans show +16.4 LTFT's when i'm driving around (not constant but they never go negative and stay in the +6 to +11 range). I've reset the trims and they still go +16.4

The O2 sensor is new (ac-delco)

My IAC's at idle when warmed up are 80-90 and my MAP values are in the high 40's low 50's, boost gauge shows around 13-15" at idle. So I don't think I have a vacuum leak.

The only thing left is an exhaust leak before the NB O2, the ZZP headers have the O2 on the crossover so that leaves the front header/crossover connection....except I can't hear a leak anywhere at the front of the engine, i've practically burned my ears off trying to hear one. I re-torqued the bolts and still no change (they didn't back off any) There is a very slight leak at the DP connection still, but only when cold...that shouldn't cause the NB O2 to read lean should it?

Does anyone have any suggestions? If you have HPT I can send you the scans, I can convert them to .csv but my wideband PID's won't show up. Unfortunately unless you have the latest beta of HPT you won't be able to view my tune, but if need be I can take screen shots.

Sorry for the novel guys, this shit has baffled me for the past week...i'm at my wits end
Laughing
Intercooled
Total posts: 607

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My POS makes 16" at idle...

Just sayin...

Anyway, guess you should have gotten the AEM like I have, plugged in and have never had a problem since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Upstate New York Club Grand Prix Forum Index -> PCM / Tuning All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: